BlackVue Downloader [Latest http://www.gizmocoding.com]

Be better if they released the code to allow 3rd party groups develop apps to bypass their cloud and go directly to your own cloud or PC via WiFi.. but of course that will not happen as they keep pushing what most folk don't want.

New Version 3.0.0.1

Few reports above that Dashcam loses connection to network whilst downloading, oddly this never times out, and the device is then not pingable/doesn't exist on the network.
No log messages as never timeouts connection (which is odd), wifi just basically dies and device unpingable - suspect is a Blackvue device issue, but....

Finally have seen this myself with 1.012 Firmware - which seems a must upgrade for the HDR video changes.

Attached version to try to fix, more testing probably needed to see if have completely resolved.

Changes:

- Fix Scroll Tab tiny selectable area
- Update Dependencies to latest
- Fix button partially covered

** Seems Issue occurred sometime with Firmware around 1.12 **

Connection Hangs/Wifi from Blackvue then dies until reconnects, or power on/off or Wifi Button Off/On press fixes.
I am not completely certain of cause - although suspect potentially at Blackvues end and may fix itself.
Once occurs appears Dashcam not network accessible, until something changes (certainly Wifi button On/Off works)

- Code changes: To troubleshoot above:
Change not checking Dashcam if currently Downloading files (to minimise traffic)
Change Buffer size... makes slower... but seems to help stability of connection. On repeatedly testing of different buffer sizes, enormous speed variably and so have gone back to transfer default of 4096 which on my connection appears to halve speed - sometimes...
Add Ping IP address checker to be quicker on startup etc. and doublecheck no network/wifi failure from Camera

Welcome to report progress....

Ok/Additional:
Unfortunately still occuring on my network, seems less frequent, and have added a timeout after 16 minutes (1000000 msec) for each file which does register and kills the now dead connection if doesn't complete.

So is better, but my Dashcam still losing wifi connection completely periodically.

Attachments

• BlackVue Downloader.x64.3.0.0.1.zip
    732.5 KB · Views: 66
  • BlackvueDownloader.x32.3.0.0.1.zip
    732.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I think you're right about 1.012 on the DR900S causing some issues. I'm trying to get your app working, but unfortunately my dashcamera is pretty much just flat out refusing network connections for some reason. I made a thread here about it:

Really want to give your app a shot, as it looks awesome and I've already got my own file server and beefy Ubiquiti network to power everything.

Dear GlennNZ,

first let me thank you for this great app which works like charm :)
I have a suggestion for future versions: would it be possible to set up download preferences?
For example I would set preferences like 1. Manual records 2. Event records 3. Parking records 4. Normal records and with this set up, the app would check the SD for these files and download it accordingly the preferences?
Thanks for thinking about it.

@Gridley - I was coming here to post the exact same questions/feature enhancement request. When I saw your post, I thought "Oh dang, I'm getting old, because I don't remember writing that already..." and then LOL'd when I realized *you* had. :giggle:

View attachment 47410

New Version 3.0.0.1

Few reports above that Dashcam loses connection to network whilst downloading, oddly this never times out, and the device is then not pingable/doesn't exist on the network.
No log messages as never timeouts connection (which is odd), wifi just basically dies and device unpingable - suspect is a Blackvue device issue, but....

Finally have seen this myself with 1.012 Firmware - which seems a must upgrade for the HDR video changes.

Attached version to try to fix, more testing probably needed to see if have completely resolved.

Changes:

- Fix Scroll Tab tiny selectable area
- Update Dependencies to latest
- Fix button partially covered

** Seems Issue occurred sometime with Firmware around 1.12 **

Connection Hangs/Wifi from Blackvue then dies until reconnects, or power on/off or Wifi Button Off/On press fixes.
I am not completely certain of cause - although suspect potentially at Blackvues end and may fix itself.
Once occurs appears Dashcam not network accessible, until something changes (certainly Wifi button On/Off works)

- Code changes: To troubleshoot above:
Change not checking Dashcam if currently Downloading files (to minimise traffic)
Change Buffer size... makes slower... but seems to help stability of connection. On repeatedly testing of different buffer sizes, enormous speed variably and so have gone back to transfer default of 4096 which on my connection appears to halve speed - sometimes...
Add Ping IP address checker to be quicker on startup etc. and doublecheck no network/wifi failure from Camera

Welcome to report progress....

Ok/Additional:
Unfortunately still occuring on my network, seems less frequent, and have added a timeout after 16 minutes (1000000 msec) for each file which does register and kills the now dead connection if doesn't complete.

So is better, but my Dashcam still losing wifi connection completely periodically.

Finally; someone made a GUI for downloading over a local network, keeps this project going many of use have been wanting for this a long time.

Thank you

EDITED 11/16/2019:

Author made this paid only app, not even away to try it first, not great!!!

Last edited:
blackvueTitle2.png
Release 3.0.0.5

3.0.0.5.png

Release Highlights

Hi all,

Just when you thought nothing was happening! (motivation for updates does come through feedback must say, giving competing projects!)

Noted the posts about different types of files being selectable priority - on the todo list, bigger issue is how to sort out the interface to select this...
Personally I just download everything .... eventually..

Ok

Change to using WebClient to download everything... relatively big change and may be some issues to work through
Benefits:
Hopefully avoids the disconnect/connection then not happening issue (haven't tested long enought to be sure)
Progress bar of Downloads (for each connected camera, two displayed, rest can scroll and see)
Speed increase - seems to be about double from my early testing.. up to 8mb/sec
Seems more robust
Negatives:
Big change - and may be some factors haven't caught - changing number of cameras etc.etc. (that have caught though)
Is older than HttpClient - but still....

Rearrange whole layout for future support of window resizing depending on number of cameras (ran out of time)
General Window Layout change
(hopefully everything back where should be)

Update to FlurlHttp dependencies

Change to creating/destroying FlurlClients when downloading file list (again to hopefully avoid the hang issue)

64bit only version attached...
Not sure much 32bit left....blackvueTitle2.png

Last edited:
keep the updates coming

EDITED 11/16/2019:

author made this paid only app, not even away to try it first.

Last edited:
keep the updates coming
Thanks...

3.0.0.10 Not far away
Highlights:
Better use of progress Bar to show information/color changes/disconnected etc
Resize Window and show all progressBar depending on number of connected cameras
Select file priority (manually for each camera) - showing me down a bit as need to move to creating settings file to maintain these selections..

Thanks, Glenn! I'm going to be asking elsewhere in these forums for people to help brainstorm how to programmatically pick out Event files from a list of Parking ones as those are the ones most likely to warrant our immediate inspection. Given the list of files, our brains know to (for the most part) ignore the Event files immediately preceded by a Parking file as those are almost always the driver entering/accessing the vehicle. I'd really like Blackvue to come up with an idea to, say, allow owners to configure cameras to ignore (or not flag as) Events when an owner's Bluetooth-enabled phone is present (Geofencing?).

Hi Glenn - love this, thanks for your efforts. Is it much work to create a 32 bit version for the newer releases? I am running this on a low power PC that is always on, and it is still on 32 bit Windows (albeit win 10). If it is a ton of work, then no worries - I know nothing of these things!

Thanks.

Hi Glenn - love this, thanks for your efforts. Is it much work to create a 32 bit version for the newer releases? I am running this on a low power PC that is always on, and it is still on 32 bit Windows (albeit win 10). If it is a ton of work, then no worries - I know nothing of these things!

Thanks.

No problem - can/will compile a 32bit version.

Moved on a bit from 3.0.0.5, essentially almost completely rewritten - just testing for a bit and sorting out minor bugs/fine tuning.

Adds:
- File priority sorting and ability to download certain files only
- Separate add DashCam window / add settings from name/ to save directory to limits now all done per camera
- further optimisations for network / seems to have overcome 1.12 issue with downloads occ hanging
- UI change/update
- code changes to threading for each camera setup
- HDD space checks occur with every file change / meaning keeps the space used pretty close to that selected.

And likely to release Windows 10 store version for those concerned about downloading potentially dodgy internet applications. (of which this is not!). [emoji3]

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Amazing. Thanks Glenn!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

nice, keep up the good work

EDITED 11/16/2019:

author made this paid only app, not even away to try it first.

Last edited:
blackvueTitle2.png

Hi All

As promised here is link to Version 4, extending a whole lot of surface changes and code changes.

Highlights include:
-Add Dashcams individually, with all individual settings from Folder, to Data used etc. to Name
- Individual Dashcam Download Timeout - will abort download if takes longer (defaults to 120 seconds)
- Major code base change to threading for each Camera/ping/and download
- Add/Update progressbar to show information - right click for edit/other details
- Select priority of footage - if select ignore won't download anything, or just one select eg Emerg - will only download those selected (eg. if only want manual - leave other file priorities as Ignore)
- Change to single use FlurlURL for ini/other simple downloads - Change to WebClient for File Download - significant speed increase
- Move to Windows 10 Store App....

With this version have released on Windows 10 App Store, which I have decided to charge a nominal amount for - at a small cost equivalent to a, albeit expensive x2 coffees...

Above is the Windows store link for 32bit/64bit versions.

apps.29796.14189207055857485.778c04dd-a372-4218-9f67-c6341d5ee55f.jpg

Pros:
Safe, can be 100% happy that nothing dodgy going on given Store checks etc.
32bit/64bit versions
Easy automatic update pathway - with few updates on the way already

Cons:
Windows 10 only - which may be a bit of a pain for some
Small cost...
It’s Windows 10 store - who really likes? - but any other licensing options painful as well

Hopefully you will all continue to support and enjoy Downloader and (now I sound like an App Store!) give us some good ratings!

Welcome to discuss, feedback or suggestions here or via the App Store.

Cheers

Glenn

Last edited:
Excellent. Thanks Glenn. Purchased - will set up tomorrow [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not sure where you get your coffee -> CAD $8.49 but your getting ripped off. Sorry bro I don't like this, and why not support windows 7, boooo (n)

Did this project ever take a turn for the worse!!!. People can't even preview the software, till this changes I'm out. Went from passion to greed.

for ppl that still use windows 7 and want latest free version -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/zwnxyxgwjs9svj3/BlackVueDownloader_v3.0.0.5.rar

Last edited:
Back