BlackVue over the Cloud

not sure how well it works, a few here have reported trying it but not being able to get t working and having to roll back to previous firmware, realistically you generally only hear from people that are having problems so there could be people out there that have it working fine

In my region, mobile wifi sucks, damn bloodily slow and coverage hmmmmp..... medium. Manage to use it and what published by Pittasoft, works fine (notification - fantastic, live view - delayed for 5 secs due to internet connection, Voice com - better not to use it - quite distracting and tracking - superb. But not too keen due to the video birate rate reduce to fix 6mbps and 2mpbs as published too.

Revert back to Ver1.009 now but planing to buy a DR650-1Ch just for Cloud only.

I've only just got and installed the DR650GW 2Ch today in my car.

I setup the Blackvue Cloud app and the real time alerts work quite well, assuming the BlackVue is in range of a wifi hotspot. It's fine outside the house as it is logged in to my home Broadband. Not sure how it will work elsewhere when driving about. But will report in the coming days.

I will finish off the install tomorrow as i tested it all before tucking in all the wiring. So tomorrow i will fit the cameras to the front/rear screen and also fit the Power Magic Pro.

I've only just got and installed the DR650GW 2Ch today in my car.

I setup the Blackvue Cloud app and the real time alerts work quite well, assuming the BlackVue is in range of a wifi hotspot. It's fine outside the house as it is logged in to my home Broadband. Not sure how it will work elsewhere when driving about. But will report in the coming days.

I will finish off the install tomorrow as i tested it all before tucking in all the wiring. So tomorrow i will fit the cameras to the front/rear screen and also fit the Power Magic Pro.
When you are at home and connected to your WiFi hots pot.. can you reach it with your PC.. look at video / D/L files etc? Being able to access via my PC is the only part of this "cloud" feature that interests me.. taking the SD card out on a regular basis to view anything is a pain.

I've just reverted back to V1.09 as the gps signal can't make its mind up. One minute it works next it doesn't.

Never tried the laptop but I could sit in th house and view it on my phone.

I've just reverted back to V1.09 as the gps signal can't make its mind up. One minute it works next it doesn't.

Never tried the laptop but I could sit in th house and view it on my phone.
Thanks, As I don't own a smart phone I want a PC solution.

I just realized the cloud feature was available, so I was going to try it, but unfortunately, at www.blackvue.com, I can't find firmware 2.0 for the DR650GW-2CH, however, I see the one for the 2 chl truck and the 650 1 channel. I also see above that CarlF had upgraded his 2-channel before reverting back to the previous version. Can anyone direct me to where the firmware for the 650GW-2 channel is?

Jokiin,

Thank you for the link. It's odd that the link was not listed on their website.

Thanks again,

I've gone back to the Blackvue website, and under the support link, to the firmware link and I don't see the 650 2ch that you sent me. Regardless, I'm glad you were able to locate it and pass it on.

Once again, thank you!

I've gone back to the Blackvue website, and under the support link, to the firmware link and I don't see the 650 2ch that you sent me. Regardless, I'm glad you were able to locate it and pass it on.

Once again, thank you!

It's on the website just notation is confusing - it is both the regular 650 and the 650 truck just separated by a "/"

"BlackVue DR650GW-2CH / 2CH TRUCK (v.2.000_2015.10.13)"

Trying it out myself

Confirming, so there's no web-based login to the cloud account?

If you're in the UK don't bother. It affects the GPS.

I've just spoke to BlackVue in the UK and apparently they have been advised by Pitasoft that a bug fix for V2.0 firmware will be done by end of this week.

Not sure if BlackVue Australia have heard anything?

A lot of people are reporting GPS not working at all on the 2.0 firmware. Mine took significantly longer to get a lock. The picture quality setting was lower and I couldn't find out how to get it improved via the app. I've reverted to 1.0009 now as well.

I'll probably stick with that until 2.x gives me a reason to upgrade. The cloud features don't interest me because the only wifi anywhere near my car is my phone's hotspot, which means it'd only be available when I'm the one driving. This makes the cloud features not very useful to me at all.

I downgraded back to 1.009 after being on 2.0 for a short while.

My feedback on 2.0:
1. poor video quality
2. I don't need Cloud capability (pointless as I don't have wifi in the car)
3. Didn't encounter any GPS issue

I downgraded back to 1.009 after being on 2.0 for a short while.

My feedback on 2.0:
1. poor video quality
2. I don't need Cloud capability (pointless as I don't have wifi in the car)
3. Didn't encounter any GPS issue

lowering the bitrate to add the cloud functionality probably only suits a limited part of the market

My thoughts after a couple days

Promising but not ready for prime time, my vehicle has built in LTE so makes it easy

Just some glitches like GPS, SD card format and inconsistency

GPS - others mentioned, doesn't work, same here couldn't get it to lock where it normally did under v1XXX

SD card format - I have 2 cards useful to swap one out when I want to offload the recoding, but for some reason, v2XXX will not recognize the fresh card *unless* it has firmware v2XXX on it, ie I have to re-update the firmware every time ... if not, I get stuck in an 'initializing SD card" loop forever and holding the wifi button for 10s doesn't work, either

Inconsistency - app doesn't always notify me of vehicle connected, vehicle driving, etc so I was concerned that the footage itself wasn't being recorded ... I checked the actual card, it is still recording all footage, it's jut not creating notifications all the time, which is a problem if you want to use notifications as a way to monitor vehicle usage

I went back to v1XXX - no new issues but without the notifications, I decided in favor of the higher quality footage in v1XXX until they fix these v2XXX issues

Back