Blackvue Power Magic Pro noise

Roms

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi!

About a year ago I got some vibration noise from the dashboard in my car. Had the car at the dealer several times, but no luck locating the source.

Today the dealer was sure they had located the problem.
In the glove box a BlackVue Power Magic Pro is installed. The dealer is sure something is wrong with it, and when driving it vibrates and the movement spread through the dashboard.
They removed the Power Magic Pro.

The vibration noise isn't there all the time, but the dash was quiet when driving the short distance home from the dealer.
Maybe just a coincident, have to drive some more.

RegardIess I find it hard to believe that the Power Magic Pro is the source, but when tapping on the Power Magic Pro, I hear some noises from the inside, hard to describe the sound.
Is this normal?
Or should it be dead silent?

The rattle from the Power Magic Pro is from those 5 tiny selector switches that you toggle to change the timeout of the PowerMagic. The sound is small, and I'd say insignificant, it should absolutely not be causing "vibration noise". Perhaps the PowerMagic wasn't secured to the interior walls of the glove box correctly? Or maybe the cable loom that is connected to the PowerMagic was rattling against the plastics of the dashboard structure somewhere?

For your own interest, you can dismantle the Power Magic Pro. For all we know maybe there is something big that is loose in the case. It is held together by 4 Philips head screws. You won't break anything, it is just a PCB with some components and the plastic case. There is no epoxy/glue holding the case together.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer.

The sound I get when tapping on the Power Magic is a bit louder than insignificant in my ears, so maybe something is wrong. Anyway, it shouldn't be strong or loud enough to cause any vibrations.

The Power Magic was secured with double-sided tape at the bottom, not to the interior walls.

I have not heard any noise or rattling since the Power Magic was removed. Most likely a coincidence, going to drive a while to be sure before installing the Power Magic again.

Good idea, I'm going to dismantle/open the Power Magic and take a look inside.

Thanks!

Back