Blackvue Power Magic Ultra Battery Pack B124 Install Position in Merc C Class A205 Convertible 2017 UK RHD Model

Mharv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR900S hardwired B-124 Merc A205
Have a mercedes c class convertible 2017 and currently have the DR900S connected to the fusebox on passenger side footwell, utilising the glovebox fuse 5 amp hardwired and working fine,
will soon have the battery pack b124 but need to consider i need to tap into a 20 amp ACC + switched fuse which blackvue state to use for hardwiring as the battery pack will draw
9 amps, question is which fuse to utilise. any advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue but a different vehicle

None of my internal fuses have a 20 amp switched fuse.

Would a 15 amp fuse not be sufficient?

According to the Blackvue B124 manual for setup read page 9, a fuse greater than 9amp is required. none of the front fuse boxes for my vehicle have a switched fuse available, i have found that the cigar lighter in front console is 15 amp blue fuse switched,
or use the rear fuse box in the boot, fuse 446; which is the cigar lighter, just not had time to verify the cable routing to the rear from passenger side. install at present is utilising the glovebox light with inline 5 amp fuse, my problem is how to remove the rear passenger seat cushion for accessiblity to the rear.

Thanks.
I've read that the B-124 draws 9amps, but has a maximum draw of 13amps.
So a 10amp fuse could blow, but a 15amp fuse may work fine.

I've messaged BlackVue direct to check, but it should be fine.

In my vehicle, only the rear 12v socket has a switched 15amp fuse.
The front and boot 12v sockets have a 10amp fuse.
The touchscreen has a 20amp fuse but isnt switched.

Last edited:
A constant live is not useful, will no doubt drain you main car battery after B-124 has drained over a period of a full day 24 hours if not using the car, looking for a 15 amp blue fuse to use when i get round to it.

Well after stripping the rear boot and rear seat and running B124 power cable to a switched 15 amp fuse in boot well, then to the front of car on passenger side, cable stops short at the front of passenger seat .... (cant fit the unit under my electric seat no room... i am short about four or five feet to where the the dash cam power plug is situated after the passenger fusebox in a small hole or well in the car structure.
The cable for 9 amp hardwiring fast charging is not long enough to go from the back to the front of car. What were Black Vue thinking of, pissed off at the moment
all that time wasted. I did think of putting the B124 in the boot and use the spliced dash cam cable i bought (instead of the hard wire BV plug and short (very short cable)
to the front of car and guess what that is short aswell.

Trying a different approach to install, with my car mercedes going to use Smart SAM Fusebox Adapter - Switched Live Black at a vacant fuse on nearest fuse box near the dash cam preferably the passenger side
on rhd uk car.

I got a reply back from BlackVue;

Good day from BlackVue!

The reason why 20A is recommended is to avoid overloading. If the B124 will be only the one to use the empty 15A fuse then it will be fine.

But if another device will be using the fuse, the total amperage consumption might be higher than 15A. (B124 approximately consumes 9A).

Regards,

Blackvue Support Team

In a way was thinking the same, so waiting for my SAM fuse holder switched live (only) when you mount into fuse box and will try a spare fuse socket with the SAM unit with 15 amp blue fuse.
thanks for the confirmation not too clear in the BV manual considering the max draw is 13.6 amps...

Update, relocation of wiring for B-124 to boot (trunk) rear left hand side back wall/floor area using velcro to secure to the carpet floor easy access to power on/off; troubling shooting faults ie led lights, cabling down the passenger side for dash camera to boot area... just reaches rear seats which fold down, UK car, hardwired to rear fuse box utilising fuse 445 Socket 12v in trunk, which is vacant but has 12v+ ACC power with standard fuse tap twin 15 amp blue fuses. works fine full recharge of BV B-124 in 40 minutes, 9 amp charging.
This is probably the best site location for the BV B-124 in mercedes C Class convertilbe, no space under electric seats or safe stowage of the battery pack up front especially if you need access to the battery pack.

In our opinion, if the 15a fuse is your only one and it's an ACC cigarette lighter fuse, it should be fine.
We've always recommended at least 15a, I hope that helps!

Thanks for the info on confirmation appreciated, 445, 446 ,447 are all 12v+ ACC 15 amp fuses in the boot (trunk), two are vacant in my model.
car only draws 9 amps when driving having monitored it over the last week or so,
starting with a complete depletion of battery.. so far not seen 13 amp max draw
as stated in BV manual specs for charging when driving.

I currently have mine connected to 10amp, as that was the only ACC I could locate for now.
Been running for a few weeks and no issues so far.
Its the fuse for rear 12v socket that doesn't get used - so no extra drain from it.
If the fuse does blow, then it's only the rear socket that'll stop working until I replace the fuse.

Good to hear it is running with 10 amp, my car fuses for rear 12v are 15 amp just lucky all cars must have different
ratings for the wiring allocated and gauge in use.. keep a eye on the BV battery app when charging to check
draw from alternator, mine has not gone over 9 amp including 3 short drives to charge the battery up during the
day taken 40 minutes in total, so the battery is intelligent in how much power it requires, but not seen 13 amp
max draw to charge as of yet and will still monitor the BV battery app, getting 20 hours, you getting the same
coverage in parking mode with motion detection, not used time laspe as of yet.

I've got mine set to time lapse, which is better for me than motion, due to things around.
I'm getting about 20 hours too on full charge with front and rear.

This goes down quicker though if I download a lot of videos using the direct WIFI or Cloud.
I've not see the current draw more than 9amp in the whole time I've used it, and it's fully drained quite a few times due to shift patterns.

Interesting you get 20 hrs in time laspe mode, same for parking mode and motion detection.

it may be to do with the battery drain - because even in motion detection, the camera doesn't go to sleep, it's still constantly recording, but in it's CACHE, so that when motion is detected, it then goes back and saves the 10-30 sections before the motion was detected - so it's still constantly in use.
The only advantage of the motion detection over time lapse is mainly for the SD card. Time lapse will constantly SAVE time files, whilst motion detection constantly records the video it's it's cache, but only starts to save it to the SD card when motion is detected.
So it's good for SD card space and lifespan, but no real affect on battery life preservation.

Last edited:
using samsung evo 128 gb from amazon, motion detection settings are far to high, or far too sensitive, BV need to reduce them for parking mode imho
using setting 3 with alarms.... anything higher it is just berserk the number of notifications you receive from BV

Reset to Time Laspe setting getting 23 hours.... instead of 20 hours with parking mode and motion detection

using samsung evo 128 gb from amazon, motion detection settings are far to high, or far too sensitive, BV need to reduce them for parking mode imho
using setting 3 with alarms.... anything higher it is just berserk the number of notifications you receive from BV
Having the same problem!
Up to 50 notifications while car parked in garage overnight. No idea what is causing it. Maybe mice...

Back