BlackVue SD Card Viewer

Tony DeBiasi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Using a MacBook Pro OS 10.11. The BlackVue SD Card Viewer does not display the SD card files. When a file is selected in the programs file window a small window appears with a message "Unsupported Video Codec". Using a third party program (VLC) the video files run just fine. Viewing the Video files via the DR900's wifi works just fine so files are not corrupt. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there a better program other's are using? BlackVue makes some really good products but in my opinion their customer service is really bad. I may have purchased a different unit had I known.

Check that you have the latest version of the BlackVue Viewer software - v1.25 (updated on 2nd October 2018)
https://www.blackvue.com/download/blackvue-mac-viewer-cloud/

If this doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling.
The software is self contained, so it should have everything it needs to view the videos.

Thank you for the suggestions. I do have the latest version v1.25 and I did uninstall and reinstall the software but still have the same results. I do not have any extra software security so I can't understand why the Viewer is not reading the files. Although I can view the video files using the app and a third party software I wonder if there is just something funky about the files. My next thought is to format the microSD card and see if that makes any difference although logic would suggest that it's not going to help.

I can get mine to appear in Clould Viewer (at low resolution) on Version v1.27 or my MacBookPro (running Sierra 10.12.6) but when I try and view them in SD Card Viewer I encounter the same problem - it says unsupported codec. Does that mean I can't view them on my Mac?

Had a look at the Blackvue website and it looks like the my 2013 MacBook Pro doesn't have native support for 4K/HEVC files so I'll need to use 4K/AVC. Will test that out tomorrow and see how I get on. Does anyone know the difference between AVC & HEVC?
Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 16.45.26.png

Found one work around for the 2013 MacBook Pro that lets me play 4K Mp4 files. If you update the OS to Mojave is will happily read files from the 900. The Blackvue Viewer also works perfectly

Isnt always the camera is it. Over the years have seen numerous posts about how bad the cameras are and usually it turns out to be owners other equipment, Macs and idtent problems

Back