BlackVue viewer and Ipad issues

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
Has anyone successfully.. connected the latest BlackVue viewer (version 3 I think) and an Apple iPad (Generation 6 with 13.3 OS)? And, if you have.. share the info with a novice Apple user... (please). All the information available (that I can find) deals with an iPhone.. NOT an iPad.
My app does not show in the apple list of apps and when I click on the BlackVue app icon > select BlackVue WiFi it goes to a connect screen where you are advised to turn your phone WiFi on... and then.. eventually you get a connection failed.
From what I have been able to glean.. the problem is with granting permissions to apple for access.. BUT.. there seems no way to grant it on a iPad.

Thank you for your time.. and possible advice.

Never mind..... managed to get it working. Seems it depends on the sequence of turning on WiFi. What I did.. I think.. turn off Wifi on iPad. Turn on WiFi on camera. Turn on WiFi on iPad.. when / if it selects another source deselect it and select the camera, it finds the camera and connects. Now start the App, Select Wifi.. it asks for password.. and bingo.

Last edited:
Back