BlackVue Viewer for Mac version 1.002 - no more maps

Chode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still using a BlackVue Viewer version 1.002 on my MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.6), as all the newer (what they call now Legacy) versions do not have resize, or full screen, option (the idiocy of this is an entirely different subject). The new generation viewer (with a cloud access), which got the resize option back, does not support my dashcam.

As I'm still running my trusty old (and heavily modified) DR400G-II, as a front cam, I'm quite happy with the basic viewer.

However, a few days ago, the map window turned grey, with an overlay, saying "for development purposes only" - I guess the Google licence for this app wasn't renewed, or something of a similar nature.

Now - the question: is it possible to swap google/map files from a newer version of BlackVue Viewer, and if so, what are they?
Or alternatively, can the legacy viewer (v1.48) be modified to make the window re-sizeable, or at least full screen?

:confused:

Here's a screenshot, perhaps that might get some interest and replies ...

43732392960_913a504c95_o.png

you'd have to be able to edit the code to try and do that
Thanks jokiin!

Any idea where exactly I might find any one of these two bits - i.e either resize the newer version, or get the maps displayed without restriction on the old one?

I can handle -nix CLI okay, but not the more advanced stuff (including removing restrictions on code editing, of course).

I presume, the newer version got the fixed window size written somewhere - if I can change that, I'd be happy with just a different fixed size, without ability to resize.

Just checked, and the default size is about 1032x792, and I want 1790x1126 :|

Of course if the maps can be re-activated somehow in my current version, that would be even better.
BlackVue did not reply to my question ...

you're looking at coding not just command line stuff, not sure what language their program is written in but without access to the source code it is likely to be very difficult, updating the map API would likely be the simpler task, only guessing though as I've never looked at their software at all

does Registrator Viewer support your old camera, might be a better option if it does

Thanks, I'll have a look at Registrator Viewer.
I have a full version of DashCam Viewer, but I only use it for the rear cam (mini 0801).

It would be perfect, if I could just make the map API current / valid.

Thanks again jokiin, downloaded Datakam Player - works fine, although the same problem with Google maps (I suppose Google started charging more for access?), but luckily this app got three different maps, including OSM, which are excellent, and familiar, as I use these for my GPS tracker.

The only negative point is the frightfully dull icon, which I already replaced with the same camera image as my avatar, so all good :cool:

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 23.02.17.png

Appreciate you help.
Cheers!

you probably downloaded an older version which would have Google issues, as long as you have it working for you is the main thing

Listed as the latest for Mac on registrator viewer website?
Version 2.4 (71)

No worries, grateful for your advice - I now have a working app (y)

Back