BlackVue Viewer for Windows V 2.101

Brooklands 280

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the detailed viewer installed on my PC. I use formatted (using the SD Card Associations recommended Formatter) both the supplied SD Card that came with the DR500GW HD and a 32 GB SD Card purchased from the same authorized seller.

I have experienced a couple of problems on playback these being,

1. When using the viewer for playback with either SD Card with the supplied BlackVue Micro Adapter the playback freezes and informs me that my SD Card is invalid. Why? This can happen every couple of days and is sorted after a reformat.

2. Playback can be of a good quality no pixilation (THAT'S A REAL BUG BARE ON THE 550 is that particular unit worth the £300+ price tag NO) The playback at first is good then if you go back and re play the same footage the playback is jumpy. Why?

If when first inserting the SD card I transfer all data to the PC the playback if you transfer the separate files to for eg. Windows Media Player the same now jumpy playback is far superior clear and running without a hitch Again why?

Apologies if I have gone on but after spending close to £500 I am disappointed with BlackVue and the products. Is it money back time??

My player works on my wife's computer but mine is a little lower spec so is jumpy to the point that the software crashes. My computer is only a slightly slower spec then the wife's.

Have you got the 550 or the 500. You mention both. Mines the 550 and I have tried the new viewer off the pittasoft site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My player works on my wife's computer but mine is a little lower spec so is jumpy to the point that the software crashes. My computer is only a slightly slower spec then the wife's.

Have you got the 550 or the 500. You mention both. Mines the 550 and I have tried the new viewer off the pittasoft site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I will try my daughters PC as that is newer than mine and let you know how I get on. Apart from playback the 500 I am pleased with
I have the 500 in our 1 Series BMW. The viewer I have is the up to date one from the Pittasoft site

The 550 is in the car in my pic and like you it is stuck on BST (A right Royal Pain in The But) but understand a fix should be included in new firmware. I drive for a Charity Raising Money for Children's Charities and thought the twin camera set up would be ideal. The front camera pic is pixelated and jumpy on playback. This is made worse by the smaller rear view screen that has pixelation and putting the two together is enough to make you ill (this as I am sure you are aware is down to poor bitrates). I will again try playback from the 550 on my daughters PC. when I get the car back from being detailed ready for The NEC in Birmingham next week.

Playback from the 550 can be played back on windows media player but this defeats the object as the two views can not be played back together. Doing it this way is slightly easier on the eye but the quality of pic is certainly not what you would expect from a camera that costs £300+

Thanks again

Have you got anywhere with the viewer Brooklands

Have you got anywhere with the viewer Brooklands

Hi Peter,

No not yet. Still trying to get this supposed update to correct the time. Went for a quick drive this evening with the 550 less rear camera and I am happy with evening footage playback on the viewer

Have a quick look on the Firmware update thread I have put the file onto my personal site so it will take seconds.

got to say that's better then mine mine switches very harshly into blue then black then back to blue as the cars go past

Back