Blackvue viewer for windows

RacingSnake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It must just be me? but the instructions supplied with the unit are really poor!
I had to google to find out what the wifi password was as it wasn't included with any of the contents and I can't seem to get the viewer to work at all :|

The app is fine, and that's what I've used so far, but the viewer has far more functionality, so, my questions are:
Can I connect my windows PC to the camera and watch 'live' like I can the app.
and
Can I connect and download the video's instead of taking the card out (I'm really trying to avoid taking the card out where I can).

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions!

Most of us just take the card out and use the viewer Cant get my PC in the car LOL

You should format the cards about once a month anyway to keep them in top condition.

You didn't need to Google just read the manual the default password has always been Blackvue.

My 500 connected straight up to the Iphone by just entering that

All you have to do to get the viewer to work is put the card in your PC and open it and click on application and open it from there.

You can also install the viewer on your computer when you upgrade firmware as it gives you the option during the upgrade.

Then when you put the card in the PC you can run it from the desktop

Ok, so the pc viewer wont support 'live' viewing and must run via the card?

Re the password, how was I supposed to know what it was? The standard documentation doesn't tell you :(

Right, and that's where I found it, but with respect, the SUPPLIED documentation does not have this info.

Edit to add...
This is page 25 of my supplied manual... I think I missed the notes section.

Attachments

• WP_20131005_001.jpg
    WP_20131005_001.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Different language may be different mightn't it or is it a multi one. Always go to the website and d/load the latest.

It must just be me? but the instructions supplied with the unit are really poor!
I had to google to find out what the wifi password was as it wasn't included with any of the contents and I can't seem to get the viewer to work at all :|

The app is fine, and that's what I've used so far, but the viewer has far more functionality, so, my questions are:
Can I connect my windows PC to the camera and watch 'live' like I can the app.
and
Can I connect and download the video's instead of taking the card out (I'm really trying to avoid taking the card out where I can).

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions!
"Can I connect my windows PC to the camera and watch 'live' like I can the app...." via WiFi?
I would like to know this too. I have a need for it.

"Can I connect my windows PC to the camera and watch 'live' like I can the app...." via WiFi?
You can (now) with the windows 8 app.

If you can get the camera close enough for the Computer to pick it up It has a limited range

Far better to put the card in the computer

What would you watch "live" on a computer.

A laptop in the car maybe but the camera would be shut down if not in parking mode

Forgot about the W8 app have got it on my netbook I remember but never used it

I just bought a windows tablet loaded with win 10.

Went to the windows store and downloaded the windows Blackvue app.

The bloody app loads for a second and then closes, it will not open!!

Checking the web, it appears that this is a windows 10 thing and Blackvue are aware of the problem.

Someone suggested manually downloading the windows Blackvue app exe from the Blackvue Korean site and then running it in win 7 compatibility mode. However, the exe is not on the web site for downloading!!

Anyone know where the exe can be downloaded from and or, is there any other work around to get the app working?

Blackvue have had sufficient time to fix and or build from scratch an app that is compatible with Win 10. Not too impressed!!!

There is an "app" (exe version) that works on Windows :rolleyes: I sure would like that as well:)

75fc86e54749.png

blackvue-cloud-viewer-2.03-windows
https://autodvr.by/download/blackvue-cloud-viewer-2.03-windows.zip

6db5bb916d11.png

blackvue-cloud-viewer-1.26-mac
https://autodvr.by/download/blackvue-cloud-viewer-1.26-mac.zip

I am using Blackview Viewer 1.13 on my W10 machine OK. I only use it in SD card mode, but it runs just fine.

If I switch it to Cloud Viewer, although I obviously don't get any cloud stuff as I haven't 'signed up' for it, it doesn't crash, but I get a Google error along the lines of "This app cannot load Google maps", but it just does it anyway with a "Development only" watermark.

PC Windows 7 64 bit GF970, PC 16gb ram (for video) with BV 2.02 and can view live mode and download files from car connected to home wifi connection,
also the Cloud works fine, with Basic Plan and mobile wifi Huawei E5573 4G with iphone 7 IOS 10.22 works fine out and about.
have not upgraded IOS or latest BV as it is working fine
Have IPad version 9.3.5 and BV app from store and can view live view with home wifi and view files using the Quick Play file (low res/fast loading)
map will not display in parking mode.

Last edited:
Back