BlackVue Viewer v2.10 Error on Windows 7

Pir8pete

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Having an issue with the Viewer in both SD Card and Cloud mode that it will not connect to the maps, and locks up the software making it unusable. Only happens on windows 7, works fine on windows 10.
I've tested with a fresh install on Windows 7 with the same results.

It was running properly with lower versions then a few versions ago it started doing this. Does it require a certain Visual C++ version to work?

See screenshots below;

Still does not populate the maps, but I’m able to close the software by clicking the X in the top right.
Untitled-2.jpg

just keeps spinning and locks up, only way to close is with Task Manager (Alt+Ctrl+Delete)
Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:
So support got back to me and said that I need to install the Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser. I use firefox and have scrubbed the OS of the M$ IE Browser.

Now I'm wondering if I could just install the needed independents for the Blackvue Viewer instead of the entire Browser?

Here's the correspondence between me with first and second level support;

When I asked about making their Viewer have the ability to download over local WiFi they told me it has been disabled in their last firmware version, so it looks like it went a step backwards here. Not only are they refusing to add that feature into the Viewer software but they told me they black it in the firmware now too?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If privacy is a concern then have the option to enable this within the dashcam firmware, so at least people have the option and know the risk when turning that feature on. Have the check box uncheck by default. Then build an option in the software Viewer to download over a local network, give us 3 options, SD card, Cloud, Local Network. 100% of people that connect to their own local home network are not concern as it’s not public WiFi. There are countless people that want this feature, that are screaming for it !!!

From:Noman (BlackVue Customer Support)Sent: Friday, September 27, 2019 4:55 AM To:Subject: [BlackVue] Re: Viewer v2.10 Error on Windows 7
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
BLACKVUE
Call Support is available from 9am - 7pm PST (GMT-07:00) Mon-Sat
Your request (88708) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
blackvue-bird-logo-48x.png
Noman (BlackVue)
Sep 27, 01:55 PDT
Hello
Thank you for your suggestions.
I have forwarded them to our planning team. If it's technically possible, we will definitely remove the requirement of IE to sue maps.
For accessing the camera through local network, we have recently blocked in the latest firmwares due to a regualr complaint from users about privacy. People on the same network can easily access the live footage of your unit by just having the camera's IP address.

Thank you
Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team
40b1429c85d042504b0669fe50a536e8

Sep 24, 06:31 PDT
I’m using windows 7 ultimate. I have removed Microsoft internet explorer as i don’t use that browser, I use firefox only newest version 69.0.1
I did a test and installed ie10 and rebooted and now the blackvue is working but i dont want Microsoft ie on my machine. Why cant you guys make your program work without the need to have that extra software installed...!!!
Make the blackvue viewer run without the need of Microsoft ie. Have what its requires baked in.
Also why do you guys refuse to have the ability for me to download using the viewer over my local network. My dashcam on the same wireless network as the desktop pc running the viewer. It only has 2 options either through the cloud or i have to pull the SD card out, this is so stupid..!!! Whats the reason for not having the capability to download clips over a local network.!!!
Noman (BlackVue)
Sep 24, 01:39 PDT
Hello
Can you please tell if you are connected to internet or not and also what version of Windows 7 are you using?

Please do the following and see if it fixes the issue.
1. Uninnstall the viewer
Please make sure the blackvue installed folder is completely deleted from the location. The default is C:\Program Files\BlackVue”

2. Reinstall the viewer by logging in as PC Administrator ( You can choose it by right clicking on the installer)

3. Run the PC viewer as Administrator ( you can also select it by right clicking)

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you
Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team
Noman (BlackVue)
Sep 24, 00:14 PDT
Dear
Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in response. I have forwarded your concern to our development team and i will follow up with you as soon as i get a response from them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team

Sep 23, 08:49 PDT
HEY ???

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:37 PM
To: BlackVue Customer Support<mailto:cs@pittasoft.com>
Subject: Re: [BlackVue] Re: Viewer v2.10 Error on Windows 7
I’m using the newest firefox on both windows 10 and 7 and have removed internet explorer browser from both.
Is there a way I can just install what’s required by the viewer w/o installing the entire Internet Explorer browser, like just the needed independencies ?

From: Noman (BlackVue Customer Support)<mailto:cs@pittasoft.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:29 AM
To: <mailto:>
Subject: [BlackVue] Re: Viewer v2.10 Error on Windows 7

Sep 17, 10:38 PDT
I’m using the newest firefox on both windows 10 and 7 and have removed internet explorer browser from both.
Is there a way I can just install what’s required by the viewer w/o installing the entire Internet Explorer browser, like just the needed independencies ?

From: Noman (BlackVue Customer Support)<mailto:cs@pittasoft.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:29 AM
To: <mailto:>
Subject: [BlackVue] Re: Viewer v2.10 Error on Windows 7

Last edited:

Noman (BlackVue)
Sep 17, 01:29 PDT
Hello
This is Norman from Blackvue Second level support
Can you please tell us what Internet browsers are you using on both Windows 7 and Windows 10? Please upgrade the Internet explorer browser to the latest on Windows 7 and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you
Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team
1200x630wa.jpg
Mel (BlackVue)
Sep 13, 16:01 PDT
Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will need to seek assistance with our technical team if indeed the viewer has an issue with Windows 7 and what will be the possible fix.

Once I have the feedback, I will e-mail you back.

Regards,

Blackvue Support Team

Sep 11, 20:05 PDT
Having an issue with the Viewer in both SD Card and Cloud mode that it will not connect to the maps, and locks up the software making it unusable. Only happens on windows 7, works fine on windows 10.
I've tested with a fresh install on Windows 7 with the same results.
It was running properly with lower versions then a few versions ago it started doing this. Does it require a certain Visual C++ version to work?
See screenshots below;
just keeps spinning and locks up, only way to close is with Task Manager (Alt+Ctrl+Delete)
[Untitled-3]
Still does not populate the maps, but I’m able to close the software by clicking the X in the top right.
[Untitled-2]
I’ve talked about it here to see if anyone else has had this issue!
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blackvue-v2-10-error.40417
On another note why are you guys not adding a feature to download videos over local WiFi using this software?, makes no sense and I know many owners that would want this feature added to the Viewer!

Attachment(s)
Untitled-3[2].jpg
Untitled-2[4].jpg
For quick troubleshooting, please visit BlackVue HelpCenter
Connect with us: Blog | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Twitter
[YDX78D-66EP]

Last edited:
it has nothing to do with what windows version your using, the viewer uses IE dependencies, so if you strip IE from "W10" then it won't work all the same as windows 7, c'on man open your eyes!!!

and windows 10 still sucks balls, don't even get me started on this topic. With the help of 8GadgetPack_v31.0, , O&O ShutUp10 v1.6.1403 Portable, StartIsBack++SiBActivatorX.v1.1-OnLyOnE, and Aero.themepack, on Win10_1809_(17763.107)_EntS_LTSC using Add-MicrosoftStore-LTSC-2019.07.16 with DigitalLicense.v3.6 then it's some what better but still crap, and look Mr. @jokiin just likes to hit the like button without even knowing whats good or not.

Back