BlackVue vs FineVu?

dashcam_user

Reaction score
Hello - first, great forum! Thanks a lot for all the info!

I know this has been covered a ton but I still can't make a decision. Which is most preferred? DR500GW-HD or CR500HD?

Most important to me:
* Set it and forget it (will purchase power limiting addon for car-off use)
* Quality
* Ease of use

I lean more towards the BV but seems I read better reviews for the FV. I worry some BV criticism (heat) are old reviews from older models that has been resolved. If I go with the BV, I will get the GPS addon.

Thanks for hitting this topic for the thousandth time. Appreciate your feedback.

there's a couple of Korean cams I'd be happy to use myself, Blackvue isn't one of them, nice design, woeful execution

I have owned both of these dashcams and my choice between the two would be FineVu. Blackvue is a overpriced piece of nice looking plastic, the video quality and history of problems is not worth the price... in fact I would go so far as regarding blackvue products as low end, very poor bit rate, terrible night recording and unreadable registration plates make this a bad choice. Remember price does not constitute quality.

Remember that the FineVu looks like a Christmas tree when in drive and parking mode, if you like bright colours then this is definitely the camera for you. The finevu has reasonable night quality but definitely does a better job for daytime recording.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thank you both. I really wanted the BlackVue but after both your comments I'm ordering the FineVu. Is there yet another model you both prefer more?
(Don't like the idea of the Christmas tree lights ... o-well)

Also ordering the Power Magic Pro BlackVue. I assume it works on the CR500HD. Or, do you prefer another power management add-on?

Thanks again.

What about the Lukas LK7900 or the jokiin cam?

I have installed 6 Blackvue cameras over the past 18 months and havent had ANY trouble with any of them.
Have had them working in days of 40C+ outside temps and they are still working.

Cant see why some seem to think they are so bad.

Back