BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

marcelo

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The Blackvue Facebook announced its new launch, BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH. The equipment uses SONY Exmor CMOS sensor.

According to the company will be available from June 20.

Imagem%201.png

Thanks for sharing. The news is on the Blackvue Korean site as well (use Google translate). It will be very interesting to see the bit rate this camera has.

Perhaps this camera is based on the new Texas Instruments DM385 Car DVR which does 2 channel HD. If you go to the TI's 3rd party partner nSketch, they have some more info on the TMS320DM38x.

c08f4c889fef5e3d7c88f5eca85a269d_TxEseINTd.jpg

c08f4c889fef5e3d7c88f5eca85a269d_igRzedlindUHHZ4POpWXTI.jpg

Very good DashCamMan and Sony Exmor CMOS sensor should also help improve especially in night shooting.

Anyone hazard a price for this new model? :roll:

Waiting on the specs and pricing for this one as well. I need one for my other vehicle.

jsan said:
Waiting on the specs and pricing for this one as well. I need one for my other vehicle.

Price starts from 399'000 korean won, approx 350usd for 16gb and 429'000 won ( 380usd) for 32Gb model.

Russian site claimed it has Exmor-R CMOS :

http://forum.onliner.by/viewtopic.php?p=47812443

11 июня 2013 13:56
Готовится очередная новинка от BlackVue (с 20 июня)
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH с Sony Exmor-R и двумя камерами
http://www.blackvue.com/contents/sub4.a ... w&idx=2769

But Sony IMX122 is not R-series:

http://www.tyd-cctv.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=180
http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-CITY-SDI-2-Me ... 3382816a2d

Exmor-R is IMX172

http://www.asmag.com/suppliers/productc ... p&id=20192

I am also interested what bit-rate they adopt to they new model. We will see if Pittasoft can learn from they past mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
niko said:
jsan said:

Price starts from 399'000 korean won, approx 350usd for 16gb and 429'000 won ( 380usd) for 32Gb model.
Thanks for the price.

couple of questions, if you know more about it

So Front and back cameras come as one unit? That's the price for the set? And Each will have a 16gb card?

So the Front is 1080p while the Rear is 720p it seems.

And are they using the new Sony sensor on both units? The front Camera looks like the current DR500GW even the lens and the silver shroud. While the rear camera has a black shroud.

I'd like to see the video quality from someone who buys it, I wouldn't go by the company's demo. Since there last demo video had higher quality than what was given to the customers. And If I do decide to get this set, I'll probably go for the 16Gb and replace it with 64GB cards in each.

jsan said:
niko said:
jsan said:

Thanks for the price.

couple of questions, if you know more about it

So Front and back cameras come as one unit? That's the price for the set? And Each will have a 16gb card?

So the Front is 1080p while the Rear is 720p it seems.

And are they using the new Sony sensor on both units? The front Camera looks like the current DR500GW even the lens and the silver shroud. While the rear camera has a black shroud.

I'd like to see the video quality from someone who buys it, I wouldn't go by the company's demo. Since there last demo video had higher quality than what was given to the customers. And If I do decide to get this set, I'll probably go for the 16Gb and replace it with 64GB cards in each.

Yes, they come as a set ( front + rear camera ). Front camera records 1080p / 30fps and same time rear camera 720p/30fps

From post by DashCamMan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:36 p we can see that rear camera CMOS is Omnivision OV10633 and it is from High End HD class series sensor, delivers 115 dB dynamic range to offer clear, fully processed YUV color WDR video output.

http://www.ovt.com/products/sensor.php?id=110

Only front ( main ) camera has microsd card slot. You will be able to buy set with 16gb or 32gb microsd added into box ( your choice ), but I am sure it can run on 64gb microsd as well.

News:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... idx%3D2769

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... xno%3D1010

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.

In addition, low MP4 compression storage method and effective use of the microSD memory card enhanced durability and high quality coaxial cable from the rear image is missing or does not have a reliable video quality degradation is a product that can be obtained.

So does the coaxial cable run to the Front DVR from the rear camera? And if it stores both front and back on same SD card then it will shorten the amount of daily video stored on the SD card. And I'm guessing they didn't increase the bitrate since that would take up even more space on the SD card.

don't like the size of the rear camera, still too big in my opinion and I wont get it due to this.
why cant they make a small one.

wozzzzza said:
don't like the size of the rear camera, still too big in my opinion and I wont get it due to this.
why cant they make a small one.

I use a 350 in the rear and from a car length away you cant see it as is mounted 100mm back from the glass in the tailgate

Been speaking to a few people like us that supply the Blackvue and the rumour is that it's going to record and transmit footage by WiFi.

This would be really cool if they have sorted out the WiFi speed issue otherwise the footage recording is going to be pants. If it's a 2Chnl system that would mean the main body is the one doing the recording, hopefully its man enough to handle a 1080 and 720 source.

I'm hoping that existing DR500 owners will be able to simply upgrade otherwise there are going to be some very unhappy Blackvue customers out there!

Ok so have found out some more info on this morning...

The cameras will link via a cable and as such you will need a new DR500 that has the correct port. Bit of a shame for existing DR500 owners...

B20RRL said:

The cameras will link via a cable and as such you will need a new DR500 that has the correct port. Bit of a shame for existing DR500 owners...

it's a different product and there was never any hint of possible upgrade paths on the 500, I don't think any 500 owner should be disappointed, not for this reason at least

jokiin said:
B20RRL said:

it's a different product and there was never any hint of possible upgrade paths on the 500, I don't think any 500 owner should be disappointed, not for this reason at least

Agreed it's a different product but 6months after releasing the DR500? I would be P**** if I had just shelled out nearly £300 to find that a new product was on the way. Maybe it should have a different product name like the differences between the DR380 / DR400 / DR500? I have spoken to quite a few of my customers about this and the majority aren't that impressed.

--

From a retailer point of view its good, as it's a new product and Blackvue now have a dedicated system for Front & Back.

B20RRL said:
jokiin said:
B20RRL said:

Agreed it's a different product but 6months after releasing the DR500? I would be P**** if I had just shelled out nearly £300 to find that a new product was on the way. Maybe it should have a different product name like the differences between the DR380 / DR400 / DR500? I have spoken to quite a few of my customers about this and the majority aren't that impressed.

--

From a retailer point of view its good, as it's a new product and Blackvue now have a dedicated system for Front & Back.

just remind them that its not an iPhone, one model per year, different market, different need, just like all the Android handsets that come out every 6 weeks, things are always changing

I am sure they already had 2ch 500 series test model ready when they launched 1ch 500 series. But they tactic was not to implement using 2ch option for 1ch dash cam however they could easily do it on the first place. Unfortunately thats how companies get profits, thats how marketing works in common world. Now a lot of Blackvue 1ch 500 series buyers are angry. There is nothing to do. If you wanna buy, you still buy and they get rich.

Please let us know when it is available to buy in USA. I need one for my 2012 Audi Q7 S-Line.

Back