BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

something strange happened.
My blackvue had the wrong time and date, because it turns on and off all the time. so the time doesn't sync properly.
anyways. i didn't use the 550 for a week. and when i turned it back on the time synced back to normal. i didn't take the sd card out or anything. it just auto readjusted back to the correct time/date.

now 1 week on. the time and date is back to being wrong.

New update Released
(copy paste from blackvue site)

http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/conten...boardsort=&page=1&idx=1341&search=&searchstr=

BlackVue DR550GW-2CH English firmware v2.002
The BlackVue DR550GW-2CH English firmware has been upgraded to Ver2.002

[Key improvements] DR550GW-2CH

1) Modification of the RTC time error
2) Distributed in the compressed Zip files firmware for Windows and Mac.
(How to install TEXT reference firmware’ file attached)
3) Add a user manual PDF file to Blackvue> Doc folder.
4) System stabilizing
5) Integrated firmware functions (in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)Free firmware upgrade available.
6) Integrated software (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)Free language/firmware change.
7) Korean, Russian is unable to change language and upgrading between each other.

How to upgrade Firmware

1) Access to BlackVue homepage(www.blackvue.com) and Check the newest firmware version in “Download” Page
Please format the SD card before update the newest firmware version
2) After check the firmware version, Download the file and unzip
3) Copy Blackvue folder to SD card
4) Insert SD card and turn on the camera for upgrading firmware

*This firmware version has been completely virus scanned by the following commercial anti-virus software programs:

AhnLab V3 Internet Security 8.0 (for corporate users)

-V3 : 2014.05.12.01

[How to upgrade with the new firmware]

Download the attached file to your PC and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the upgrade.

For Windows Vista/Windows 7 users, you must perform the upgrade with the admin account.

* Please run this firmware as administration authority mode in Windows vista & Windows 7

* SSID will be initialized during upgrading process, Please put 'blackvue (Initial setup password)'

Is this the English firmware? Any release notes?

adoEu.png

Android App_1.78.apk

- Required Firmware : DR600GW 1.001 / DR650GW 1.002
1. Speed Alert feature (Models: DR600GW/650GW)
2. User Info. Registration feature (Models: DR600GW/650GW)
3. Time Synchronization feature (Models: DR600GW/650GW)
4. FOTA Upgrade support (Models: DR650GW)
- FOTA upgrade will be available after F/W 1.002 is installed on the BlackVue.

in the near future

the WDR looks amazing Alexoll :) GJ

People with Hatch backs. where do you mount your rear cams?

lets revive this old thread,

I got my unit replaced from blackvue because of the time & date issue and over heating causing the video to show the pink artefacts video.

anyways. i got another unit back ( a refurb,) and the rear cam is really out of focus. its focusing really close so everything else is just blurry.

just want to confirm this is the lens focus too close. moving the cam around won't really do much because the rear cam doesn't have auto focus so it won't really change how its focused.

where the original video?

Or focus no or heavily steamed up glass

yea, it looks like heavy steamed up glass, but the glass is not steamed up( foggy) .

you can sort of see the focus is on the water droplets close to the glass. its not focusing outside.

do you think moving the cam would change anything?
i mean when i had my original cam before it was swapped. it was in the exact position and it was not out of focus that much.

the car its installed in is a Subaru BRZ. 2 door coupe.

yea, it looks like heavy steamed up glass, but the glass is not steamed up( foggy) .

you can sort of see the focus is on the water droplets close to the glass. its not focusing outside.

do you think moving the cam would change anything?
i mean when i had my original cam before it was swapped. it was in the exact position and it was not out of focus that much.

the car its installed in is a Subaru BRZ. 2 door coupe.
Both cameras are fixed lenses look at the fix for the front lens I had to do that to mine. The rear lens probably has the same fix.

Back