Blackvue wish list

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a DR750X Plus installed and a DR900X Plus on order. On the latest firmware it seems like they streamlined the options in the settings to remove some functionality. While I am still new to Blackvue and dashcams here are somethings I would like to see:

- Option to dim the LEDs on the cam, during night driving they are rather bright at night, or light sensor . They know its dark as they need to crank up the exposure on the image that should be an option to dim the LEDs accordingly.

- I can't seem to find an option to leave off the speed on the recording.

- Improve the connectivity to the cam from the app. It is a crap shoot every time I try and connect to the cam from the pp, especially once the car has ever connected to the cloud via my home hotspot. Seems I need to power off the cam and connect quickly.

- Have an option to leverage the phone app to connect to the cloud via the connection to the app. The phone sees the cam right away and the app asks me to connect, it should offer an option to auto connect and use the phone's data plan to get to the cloud. This one is a big one for me! Sure they want to sell me their hotspot, but $150 for that then a separate data plan for it when I can get unlimited data on my phone and ever some offer 40GB or unlimited hotspot included, so let me leverage that. Not to mention the hotspot add on is an eye sore.

- Have an option to stream the recording to the phone storage either in parallel or as primary when phone is connected (again automatically). The app should then have a setting to restrict how much phone storage it can use as to not overrun the phone's storage. With more storage on phones today you could easily save 128GB to many phones.

- Better CPL. The current CPL leave a large gap between the lens and the CPL causing distortion and light bounding around between the lens and the CPL creating purple flares and washed out images at time. Offer a kit of peel and stick (low adhesive as to not damage lens.)

- Continue to enhance PQ. While the image quality seems to be catching up with the others the images seem to have halos around them as they optimize the image for better range without loss of shadow detail or blowouts. It also seems to over process and sharpen the image in high detailed areas like trees the leave almost look sparkly. While the Blackvue Plus models seem to have good all around in images you can see some other cams that look better in daylight, but thy are bad at night.

Voice activated event recording.

Voice activated event recording.
Garmin was appealing to me because you can voice activate event tagging. If Garmin had a true dual channel system I may have explored it. I am hoping Blackvue can leverage the phone to get tot he cloud that would be huge I think for a lot of people. My phone comes with 40gb of hotspot at 4G then defaults to 3g after that.

Garmin was appealing to me because you can voice activate event tagging. If Garmin had a true dual channel system I may have explored it. I am hoping Blackvue can leverage the phone to get tot he cloud that would be huge I think for a lot of people. My phone comes with 40gb of hotspot at 4G then defaults to 3g after that.

Could you just turn on the phone's Hotspot and make that SSID one of the ones that the cam looks for in the firmware?

I am working on that being automatic with Automagic to turn on the hotspot when the phone pairs with the car and drops when it disconnects.

Forgot one;

Ability to log into Blackvue Cloud account from multiple devices. Seems if the cam is logged into cloud via phone app and I try to login via the desktop app it tells me it will log out other devices. I would then have to remember to log back in for the cam. Rather stupid limitation.

• A power button that allows you to power down the camera when parked at home
    • This is so you don't waste your dash camera battery pack's charge or record unneeded video footage
  • Firmware setting to disable motion based parking mode
    • If you have your camera wired with the 3-wire hardwire cable with native parking mode working, you should be able to disable motion based parking mode
      • This will prevent the camera from entering parking mode when your vehicle is stopped (in traffic or a fast food drive through line, etc)

Ability to turn off parking mode based on detected SSID.

That way, the cam will automatically know it's in my garage and I don't need parking mode on.

A better CPL. The Blackvue CPL cause too much light to bounce around between the CPL and the lens and I get constant purple flares.

Also at times the image processing seems to over sharpen non-essential things like trees/leaves.

Forgot one;

Ability to log into Blackvue Cloud account from multiple devices. Seems if the cam is logged into cloud via phone app and I try to login via the desktop app it tells me it will log out other devices. I would then have to remember to log back in for the cam. Rather stupid limitation.
Need a fleet account for.that functionality.

@hdkeith regarding the speed if it's like the 750-2ch lye that is tied to the GPS data and not possible without removing the gps location.

My BlackVue Wish List.

1. PD code to run your own free Cloud server under Linux or Windoze.
2. Bring back Live Streaming support for Facebook and YouTube. Including 2/3 cam "Picture in Picture" mode for multi cam setups.
3. Software to dump your SD card recordings via WiFi to you PC when you come home and it connects to your local WiFi AP.
4. The ability to use the "@" symbol in the on screen name tagging for email address display.

• Love
Reactions: @rt
5. More then one camera allowed to be registered on a Free Cloud account. (Most families have at least 2 cars. Husbsnd & Wife for example).

P.s. seems you can't edit posts here

• Love
Reactions: @rt
My BlackVue Wish List.

1. PD code to run your own free Cloud server under Linux or Windoze.
2. Bring back Live Streaming support for Facebook and YouTube. Including 2/3 cam "Picture in Picture" mode for multi cam setups.

3. Software to dump your SD card recordings via WiFi to you PC when you come home and it connects to your local WiFi AP.
4. The ability to use the "@" symbol in the on screen name tagging for email address display.

Get Blackvue Downloader: http://www.gizmocoding.com/

Works like a champ.

5. More then one camera allowed to be registered on a Free Cloud account. (Most families have at least 2 cars. Husbsnd & Wife for example).

P.s. seems you can't edit posts here
Sure you can.. there is an "edit" selection right at the bottom left option on "your" post. Now that I have commented I have a choice of Report; Edit; Delete.

Back