BlackVue Zoom, plus Magnification Info:

Roger from Orlando

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoom, plus Magnification: I saw video, I believe by BlackVue, where they magnified a distant license plate. I also found in their full manual, not the set up short one, a page (31), a discussion on magnification. You can make a link to the manual at:

http://www.blackvue.com/en/common/d...er.3.02_140423.pdf&path=board&idx=1319&sort=0

Here is what I found out after an hour or so of frustration.

Step #1: put SD card into windows computer (apple may not have this function yet); then choose ONLY one picture mode not duel picture mode;

Step #2: you can enlarge or reduce the size of the entire picture by the mouse wheel in and out; but do play with this in combination with Step #3.

Step #3: you can additionally zoom in on faces, tags, signs, anything by using what Blackvue called "MAGNIFY GLASS"and you do this by left click and RELEASE (single click, not double) (if you hold down or double click it will release the magnifying glass and you will loose it) and a magnifying square will pop up; I kept making mistakes such as double clicking, holding down, when in fact it is so simple that it is hard to master, again just place the curser on the video or still picture, left click and release, a magnifying square will popup, and you can move around the screen in MAGNIFYING MODE by moving the mouse around; try it, you will like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes been doing that for over a year with a DR500

However be aware it wont show whats not there as in if the plates are not sharp they wont be any better with the magnifier as it only enlarges the pixels in the area it shows.

Frequently this makes things worse as in editing a JPG and saving the result.
I have tried it just now and plates that are fairly sharp are OK but cars I am catching up to dont come up to good even when freezing the frame when the car is only a length in front but in a lane over

Last edited:
Back