Blackvue

Kavpar

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I purchased my Blackvue after Christmas 2018. Have listened to the Blackvue telling me every trip "Blackvue for your safe driving" every trip for the last several months. The first time I need it after incident today I find that it has not been recording, I can't tell you how pissed off I am at the moment. I now have a dent in my car and no recording. So if your blackvue says it recording it may well not be doing its job, I don't think I can trust it now.

This is the model I have BlackVue DR750S-2CH 32GB 1080P 60FPS Sony Wi-Fi GPS Front & Rear Dash Cam Camera

Attachments

• Blackvue Picture.jpg
    Blackvue Picture.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 6
Well, that sucks to hear.

Though, dash cams aren't just a camera you put in your windshield and hope for the best.
Typically there's a good amount of memory management needed to be done.
At the very least, you should format your card once a month and ensure everything is still operational.

Did you get it to record after you figured out it wasn't working?

Thanks Oto
when I reformatted the card it started to record again. But I'm still disappointed.
I think the devise should be able to indicate if it has stopped recording.
Lesson learned and thanks for the tip.

Unfortunate lesson to learn indeed.

I think the camera probably was indicating it wasn't recording, just not in an audible fashion.
Usually, when I have an issue with my BV cam not recording I can notice the red LED isn't solid/flashing, just the blue GPS LED is going.

Though, it's hard to notice depending on where you have your cam.

Cheers

Hi Oto
I find it almost impossible to see the led's as the unit is located so as the mirror blocks the view of it. In any case they are hard to see at all in daylight. But thanks for the tip about watching for some light activity I will do that in future. The tips you have given are excellent. Thanks

Hi jokin
The memory was the original Blackvue.

My DR650GW flashes all the led lights when it has a memory card problem that is not announced. I was trying out a different card today when it did that. After a reboot all was good.

Back