Blackvue's Wifi/Format button is rattling at me

v6tom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, when i drive the button on the blackvue rattles and its really loud and annoying.
I'm going to put some tape on it or something but i wondered if theirs a better solution's or if anyone

I dont have this problem

Mine is doing the same, had to cover it with some tape to make it stop. Might try to dis-assemble and see if i can put in a small piece of foam behind the button.

I fixed it with some black electical tape on the cover. Ill send a pic soon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I watched a video on youtube of someone replacing the internal gps battery and noted that its easy to pop the end cap off where the button site. Just need to slide a screwdriver into a slot and pry it off. Under the cap there was a small foam pad which should sit under the button and keep it from rattling. I havn't opened mine yet, but suspect the foam pad had moved. Should be easy enough to pop the cover off and reposition the foam pad with a little glue. Going to give it a try at the weekend.

20180420_105923761_iOS.jpg
Without foam pad
20180420_110235465_iOS.jpg
With foam pad

Managed to fix mine. Popped the cap off and found there was no foam on the button to stop the rattle. I place some double sided sticky foam and re-assembled. The button rattle is now fixed.

Now just need to fix the windscreen mount rattle!

Last edited:
When you had it apart, did you happen to notice how easy it might be to replace the internal battery? The one in my 650S is spotty after only 6'ish months, and eventually I'll want to look into replacing it.
Any pointers about popping the end cap off? Just a firm yank?

When you had it apart, did you happen to notice how easy it might be to replace the internal battery? The one in my 650S is spotty after only 6'ish months, and eventually I'll want to look into replacing it.
Any pointers about popping the end cap off? Just a firm yank?

This should help you:

Reactions: RLS
I did see that, thanks. I'm curious if the later models use the same battery.

View attachment 37576
Without foam pad
View attachment 37577
With foam pad

Managed to fix mine. Popped the cap off and found there was no foam on the button to stop the rattle. I place some double sided sticky foam and re-assembled. The button rattle is now fixed.

Now just need to fix the windscreen mount rattle!

Thanks man, I have been trying to live with the rattle for months and I forgot to check this post. Now I have just ordered some foam to fix it!
Cheers

Reactions: RLS
Thanks man, I have been trying to live with the rattle for months and I forgot to check this post. Now I have just ordered some foam to fix it!
Cheers

You don’t need foam. I just added some electrical/gaffer tape on the front end of the proximity sensor. Then, reinserted it into the slot, and no more rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back