Blinking lights.

Meowcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, all.
Just installed an F50 in my 2017 Honda Accord, hardwired. Today is the first day that I've parked my car and left it. It was dark outside when I parked it and as I closed my driver's door, I noticed that the green light on the camera began flashing. I watched it from outside my car for about 2 minuted and it continued to flash. Will the light continue to flash the entire time it's in parking mode? Also, while testing, I noticed that when the engine is turned off, it takes a bout 15 to 20 seconds for the camera to respond that it is now in parking mode, is that normal?
Thanks.

I've never taken much notice on the F50 but i've just checked one and it does flash all the time in parking mode. Afraid it will be a tiny piece of black tape over it if you don't like it..........

Thanks, Maddog. No, it doesn't bother me, I just wanted to make sure it was normal as it's not covered in the F50 user's guide. Also, will rain trigger a "motion incident"? If so, will it continue to do so as long as it's raining?
Thanks, again.

Yes rain will cause a movement alert and it will continue the whole time it's raining. Also things like swaying trees / bushes in the background does the same causing overwrite quite quickly (with a low GB card)

The F770 takes 42 seconds to start parking mode after power is lost, and the same to start recording in "driving" mode after inserting key in ignition, I know it's different cam but yours is quick!!

Those of you with parking mode, do you just let it keep recording incidents in the rain and then delete the files when you get home?

I have mine set to time lapse parking mode, we noticed some "dog poo" in our garden the day before yesterday which we were of course not happy with, I went over all the time lapse parking footage to discover it was a cat!!
I tend to format my card every few days, car is used every day so 64GB card holds plenty enough space for recording time lapse.

Didn't realize there was a time lapse mode on F50.

Tough cats in your neighbourhood
It's not a bad estate as this area goes, if you think the cats are tough it might be because of the stray dogs we sometimes get, though most end up at Chinese takeaway, and no that's not a joke my gf was sacked after she reported the chinese she was working at for selling golden labrador as "regular" supplied food!!

Back