Blinking of the lcd backlite.

Dmitry S

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119
I bought А119 here https://www.ebay.com/itm/311652499649. When the camera is powered through the GPS mount, the LCD backlight blinking very quickly. Also blinking the backlight of the REC button. In the video, which the camera picked up, there is blinking too. How can I solve this problem?

If I connect the power supply directly into the camera, then all is well, the backlight does not blink.

Can we solve this problem or is it a factory defect?

it may be the cable connection inside the camera, that's something you could check yourself, or could be a problem with the GPS base, if it's the GPS base you'd need to talk to the seller about getting that replaced, the seller you bought it from should be the one to help you out, if you have any problems getting them to help you then let @viofo know

I read about the problem with flat cable inside the camera on this forum. I checked the cable connection inside the camera (flat cable from the main Board of the camera and the contacts for connecting the GPS base) it's OK. The problem is that the seller doesn't understand it, I don't know how to explain to the seller that this is may be a problem with the GPS base and perhaps it must be replaced.

Thanks, sent him a PM and invited him in this topic.

According to your description,we know this is the problem of its GPS base connection problem!
We will send you GPS module for replacement monday,no worry about it!

Thank you very march for your support, I'll wait another GPS module from you.

I bet its the ribbon cable, i dont understand why this issue isnt fixed yet.

In my case it's not the ribbon cable, I checked it, it is inserted firmly and evenly on both ends. The defect increases with the shaking of the camera relative to the GPS mount - LCD backlight blinking increases. I think the problem is in spring-loaded contacts, I disassembled the GPS mount, contacts soldered very well to the PCB.

Last edited:
I noticed my A119 was doing the same thing with the GPS Mount. I have since plugged the cable directly into the camera and it seems to work much better. The GPS Mount is a neat idea, it's just poorly implemented.

I have the same problems, the screen flickers when using the GPS USB mount. If I connect the wire to the device itself, the screen does not blink.
I figured that the problem was in a low temperature, about -10 C (bought in December at at gearbest.com), but now it's warm enough, and the screen also flickers.

Something you can do about it?

I have the same problems, the screen flickers when using the GPS USB mount. If I connect the wire to the device itself, the screen does not blink.
I figured that the problem was in a low temperature, about -10 C (bought in December at at gearbest.com), but now it's warm enough, and the screen also flickers.

Something you can do about it?
Just send the GPS module back to Gearbest under replacement warranty and don't waste anymore of your time.

I just purchased two A119 cam's last week from spytec on Amazon and I am having the same issue with one of them.

The screen flickers rapidly and when I put a small amount of pressure on the camera towards the gps mount it stops.

It appears to be the GPS mount... I'm not very happy with it honestly. It makes me worry about the reliability of the unit.

I also bought my a119 from estore009 and they told me my warranty was expired and said for me to pay them £30 for gps module even though I was 6 months into my 1 year manufacturers warranty. Eventually they said I could send whole device back to them but have to pay shipping costs there and back. Under the warranty it's the seller who pays shipping for faulty products but they were having non of it. So I contacted Viofo and they were amazing with me and I'll be getting a replacement gps module under the warranty. Now that's platinum service unlike their reseller estore009. Thank you Viofo :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back