Blown Fuses and Car Charger

HellboyPrime

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright everyone. Pardon my ignorance. Ive done the best using google and youtube as I can. I bought a the Papago gosafe260 dashcam and it blew my 2 lighter socket fuses in my 2015 rav4. I replaced both of 15 fuses and it keeps blowing the fuse. I first thought it was a short. But I plugged the dashcam into my 2013 Corolla and it blew both sockets there too.

So my question is - is the common denominator the charger or is it that I have ****ty luck with shorts?

I guess I can buy a cheap lighter adapter to usb and try charging my phone to see if it's a short.

What do you guys think?

have you tried an ordinary phone charger in the sockets to see if they blow the fuse? if they don't it's most likely the Papago charger, I previously had an unbranded cam that worked for a short while then decided to constantly blow fuses, probably faulty wiring inside it.

How long have you had the cam? has it done it from day one?

Is it the adapter.. or the camera that is blowing fuses. Insert the adapter.. without the connected cord.. works? .. wiggle it.. works ?.. plug in the cord.. works ?.. plug in the camera.. process of elimination to see which "thing" is creating the short..

Back