Blue and Orange lights are constant?

GRG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My car had been at a show all weekend, I've jumped in the car a few hours ago, there were no voice announcements and when I looked both the lights were on, I tried to turn wifi on, nothing.
I left it for 30 mins no change.
I pulled over powered down and took out the 64gb sd card and put the original 16gb sd card in powered up and all seems to be working, speech is back on blue light on and orange blinking as normal.
Any ideas gents?

Cheers.

It's a Delkin 64gb sd card that I purchased with the camera from Blackvue (TT).
To make a fresh start when I recieved the replacement camera I re-formatted the card with the two format software tools I had to download.
However when I opened the Blackvue software on the PC and attempted to adjust the settings it kept saying card not recognised........? I then downloaded the new firmware 1.005, and as instructed dragged and dropped it onto the card, I could then adjust the settings on the sd card using the PC.
It had been working of 6-7 days.
?

Last edited:
Does it sound like an SD card issue?
If I was to purchase a new 32gb sd card what am I asking for the fastest one I assume ?
What is the process to use it?
Do I have to format it with the two format tools from Blackvue?
Do I have to download firmware onto the card or just format and use ?

( Blackvue told me that I only had to format the sd card but didn't need to download firmware onto it, I only did because the card wasn't recognised)

Cheers

I think I read from one of the UK resellers that the Delkin is one of the best cards for the BlackVue devices?

They're a large US manufacturer from what I read back then.

It's probably worth asking the reseller as like @jokiin says these can be fussy with cards and if it's playing up with their recommended card then potentially there's another issue in there somewhere.

@GRG
I don't understand the point of the question.
What is the problem?

@GRG
I don't understand the point of the question.
What is the problem?
I typed the issue at length at the top.
Car at show for two days, collect car and there was no voice announcement from the camera and the two lights were on constant, I drove for 30 mins no change and unable to connect to the wifi.......so I changed the sd card back to the 16gb one supplied.......everything worked again?
I won't be offended if someone could guide me to where it tells idiots like me how to (re) format the Delkin sd card as I hope the constant recording at the show may have tripped the card out.

I have less hassle from my missis.
I never thought that day would come well it has now with this camera.

what cyclic video recording (1,2 or 3 minutes)?
i recommend 1 minute (default)

ahBuY.png

the change cycle often brings problems

Reactions: GRG
I've just put the 64gb card in the PC, the files are visible, but if I put the card into the Blackvue camera both lights are on constant (blue + orange) no speech, can't turn wifi on or do anything.
Sorry to repeat the same question I'm not the best on a PC.
What is the best way to a fresh start on this card.....
Format with the two Blackvue format tools ...... DO I have to load any firmware on the card or just format and use/insert???
(The only reason I put firmware on it before is because the Blackvue app on the PC wouldn't Recognise it until I did?)

Sorry for the repeat/length

I'll start a new post if you think it's warrantied to do so,
: when I recieved the instructions for the 64gb sd card (they didn't come with it!) it actually said we advise you to use two 32gb sd cards to alternate with !
(Obviously to late now it's out of the packet and in the PC !)

So if I re-format this 64gb card and give it go !
Where or which 32gb cards should I get ???
Do I then need different format tools???

(Is this a better way to avoid hassle and I'll buy them?)

Thanks again
(apologies for my dyslexia )

I've spoke with TTW and I'm quite happy with the explanation.
Possibly a camera crash which i suppose i asked for leaving it on/running at a show for 2 days.

But, the 64gb is not a care free choice with regular formatting required, apparently it can and is recommended to do a quick format in the camera every other day by holding the wifi button for 10 seconds although a weekly full format on the PC is also advised........I've just ordered two 32gb Delkin cards to hopefully avoid to much messing around.
(Lifetime guarantee on them)

I forgot to ask them (I'm sure I've read or been told this before buying)
this camera re-writes continually but saves events, is that correct so could I therefore never touch it until something happens ?????

For what it's worth,
I have a 64GB card in my 650. I tried 1 minute segments, but the Blackvue PC program freezes with the large number of files involved.
I increased the recording segments to 2 minutes and the Blackvue PC program handles the lesser number of files ok.
I'm going to try 3 minute segments next week.

For what it's worth,
I have a 64GB card in my 650. I tried 1 minute segments, but the Blackvue PC program freezes with the large number of files involved.
I increased the recording segments to 2 minutes and the Blackvue PC program handles the lesser number of files ok.
I'm going to try 3 minute segments next week.
Morning Steve
Thanks for your input,
It makes sense what you've said,
Because of the large amount of files involved some due to the oversensitive motion detector, some have turned the motion detector off and increased the g sensor (shock), others have turned the sensitivity down to one.

So, I imagine I have suffered the camera crash due to the amount of files/data, god knows how when it's supposed to simply overwrite, your opinion makes sense to me however there is advice to leave the recorded file times to 1 minute or it causes problems !!!! (I had set mine to 3!)

With the Qs I've asked on here the answers seem to be input but not a firm solution, ie this right this is wrong.

There appears to be input from people with the ability to manipulate the firm ware, but that has issues, the new firmware has a warning not to use as some have experienced issues inc the rear camera being inoperative, that would be an interesting one.....crash......no problem it's on camera....... You check......on no it's not !
Can you imagine how pissed off you would be !
There's been no further update on that as far as I know, that's real reactive measures for you lol
I'm now using a 32gb card, I've spent more time messing about with this thing than should be required !

To end a lot appears to be proportioned to the sd card quality and speed, different Black View suppliers have different recommendations.

Simple made difficult, very,
If it wasn't hard wired in the vehicle it would have gone back.

I don't think it has anything to do with the camera recording due to motion detections. The segments are still 2 minutes, regardless of whether it records occasionally while the car is parked in my driveway overnight or if I'm driving continuously for a couple of hours. The recording segments are still 2 minutes long, and there will be half the number of files on the same card than if I'd set 1 minute.

Just wondering if the operating system in the camera can't handle the number of files that accumulate if you set the recording time to 1 minute.

My car had been at a show all weekend, I've jumped in the car a few hours ago, there were no voice announcements and when I looked both the lights were on, I tried to turn wifi on, nothing.
I left it for 30 mins no change.
I pulled over powered down and took out the 64gb sd card and put the original 16gb sd card in powered up and all seems to be working, speech is back on blue light on and orange blinking as normal.
Any ideas gents?

This sounds like an SD card compatibility issue - cameras we tested with 3rd party cards would display this type of behaviour.

I may not have explained that very well, not because of it recording due to motion detection but because of the amount of files created doing it.
I agree reducing the amount of files there are by increasing the time interval to two minutes should help!?

This may be useful copy of an email offering some help.

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

As long as the SD card is a class D it should work perfectly.

I would try the following process and see how the 64GB card works after that.

1. Format the 64GB SD card on a PC not a Mac.
2. Once formatted please insert the SD card into the BlackVue Camera, the camera should be saying "please check SD card".
3. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until you hear a 'squawk' release your finger now.
4. The camera will now format your SD card, please do not remove power or turn the ignition off.
After the format has completed the camera will say "starting normal recording' this will be the SD card ready to use. I don't think you will have issues after that
Any problems please let me know.
Best,
Derek

IN-CAR.com

This sounds like an SD card compatibility issue - cameras we tested with 3rd party cards would display this type of behaviour.
I'm yet to pursue the advice and then potentially the purchase of a specific pita soft card, thanks for the recommendation.

Back