Blue charging light flickering when rear window cam is attached

dhruv_1884

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I’ve noticed that the blue charging light starts to flicker when I have the rear window cam attached, it’s solid when it’s not.

The first day I installed the rear window cam, not only was there a flicker but the audio had a crackling sound in it too. I charged the cam to full and that seems to have removed the crackling audio.

Anyone else noticed anything similar, I’m on the latest firmware for the 522GW, 19.1
Wondering if I have a defective dashcam (bought it a couple of weeks back)

-Dhruv

I spoke to Nextbase, they are super helpful. Initial analysis was that it was a faulty mount but after I got off the call and did some more testing, mostly because Nextbase pointed me in the right direction, it turned out that it was the Nextbase Dual charger that I was using. I bought the accessory with the camera thinking that I’ll give me two free USB ports and whilst it does the job with one camera, connecting two to it, seems to not work as well. I switched it out for the one that came in the box and all was ok.

Nice.

Erratic camera behavior is often rooted in power issues, too little of it, in that case always try the provided power source.

Yeah, just a shame that their own product doesn’t work well in a dual cam configuration.

But, I can make out that they are committed to the product and their customers, so all good.

And a good lesson learnt.
(Must also say that these forums are amazing because I actually learnt my first lesson here, which was the need for a good quality SD card)

Back