Blue Light glows continously

Mettlus Shaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a recent crash on my quad, which the mobius was hooked on, after the crash the blue light wont go away and it(mobius) doesn't get detected as a USB device either?
Is the mobius cam done?
Please advice.

Thanks

I had a recent crash on my quad, which the mobius was hooked on, after the crash the blue light wont go away and it(mobius) doesn't get detected as a USB device either?
Is the mobius cam done?
Please advice.

Thanks
If you can't switch modes and always get a steady blue LED and plenty of LED activity when updating the firmware then you most likely have a damaged 1.8V voltage regulator (LDO). In this case the firmware will do it's initial stuff but will hang while trying to read information from the sensor.
There is no easy fix to this problem, the LDO needs to be replaced.

I have a similar problem.
The mobius is permanently charging ( green led)
The camera seems to take pictures but it doesn't record video.
I have tried removing the battery and connector to an external fixed 3.9v power supply same problem.
I have tried 4 different cards.

It was working perfectly before.

Now I get permanent blue light sometimes and when I succed to switch it on only pictures, not video.

When i press shoot in video mode it switches off.

Do you know wich chip is the voltage regulator so I can try to replace it??

Thanks

I have a similar problem.
The mobius is permanently charging ( green led)
The camera seems to take pictures but it doesn't record video.
I have tried removing the battery and connector to an external fixed 3.9v power supply same problem.
I have tried 4 different cards.

It was working perfectly before.

Now I get permanent blue light sometimes and when I succed to switch it on only pictures, not video.

When i press shoot in video mode it switches off.

Do you know wich chip is the voltage regulator so I can try to replace it??

Thanks
If it was the sensor voltage regulator you wouldn't be able to turn the camera on, so there must be another problem.
The LDO (voltage regulator) for the sensor power is circled below and there is also one just to the right of the circle. The one to the right of the circle is, I believe, 1.8V. I don't have my camera open so can't check just now.
Mobius_LDO.jpg

Thanks for your help.

IT strange as hell, after thousan tries.

I finally decided to remove the circuit board from the enclosement ( but I did not remove the lens module as I have done that before without success), I had a look all around push all the buttons, blow it a little bit and mount all together again and this @### seems to be working perfectly now, and I don't know why, strange, maybe some dust or some loose connector.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway

Last edited:
I read the manual, and it says Blue = Mode 2
When I press "M", nothing changes.
I normally have it in Yellow Mode 1.
And when I press shutter, yellow blinks while recording.

How can I fix this?

These piece of crap dashcams break just like that? WTF

FWIW, the Mobius is probably the most durable and reliable dash camera on the market, hence its popularity. Hardly a "piece of crap".

The usual explanation for a steady blue LED and frozen-up camera is that the lens module ribbon cable is not connected properly or the lens module is damaged, usually from dropping the camera or crashing a drone, as was the case with the OP.

How do you verify if the lens ribbon is disconnected?
Any directions posted online ? I have little screwdrivers!

How do you verify if the lens ribbon is disconnected?
Any directions posted online ? I have little screwdrivers!

Firstly, read the Mobius owner's manual. You can download a PDF of it HERE.

Under "Trouble Shooting" you will find the following Q&A entry in the manual:

Q. When the camera is turned on, the blue LED turns on. It may turn off after a second
or two. The Mode and Shutter buttons don't react and I can't take any video or pictures.
The camera is also not recognized by my PC as a removable drive. When connected to
the PC the green LED may be on or off. The red LED may also blink 3 times while the
camera turns off.

A. The lens module ribbon cable is not connected properly or the lens module is damaged.

(Be aware that the lens module ribbon cable can appear as if it is properly connected but may not be. It may simply be dislodged and needs to be re-seated.)

The instructi0ns (and photos) for removing the lens module can be found HERE (#4)

All of this can also be found in the first few posts of the Mobius Support Thread and Tech Guide right here on DCT

Last edited:
Thanks.

I opened up the cam, and disconnected the len's ribbon cable on both ends.
Then reconnected the ribbon, and clicked the tabs back into place..

When I press the power button the cam, I get either:

1) blue light for a moment, then solid yellow.
Pressing shutter button does nothing (still solid yellow) Solid red LED on the back
It does not record.

2) Nothing powers on at all. No lights at all.

Last edited:
Now, the cam is having issues being detected as a USB device.

Sounds like a bad lens module or perhaps some other failed PCB component but double check to see if you seated the ribbon cable properly.
Try pressing the reset button on the back of the camera as per instructions in the manual and see what happens.
If your camera has a battery you can try disconnecting it and then reconnecting it. Of course, make sure your battery is still good, holds a charge and is not swollen.
Always a good idea to try another memory card and USB charging cable.
Read the troubleshooting section in the manual for further thoughts on what may be wrong.
Good luck.

@GoodEnough
If your Mobius has super-caps, you'll need to change the "Power Off Standby" setting to "off", and change the "Power Off Disconnect" to "Immediate". Otherwise it will drain the power from the caps on shutdown which might cause issues of low voltage during the next start-up while the caps try to charge up again as the cam is also starting ;)

Mobius is a very robust cam but anything can be broken. And in anything mass-produced there will be a small percentage of 'duds' reaching the customer. Mobius is as good as any other cam in that regard and better than most. Any parts you may need are available at reasonable prices; no other cam gives you that. It's worth repairing and that's within the average persons ability- do read the Mobius Support Thread's first 8 posts to understand this cam, especially when working with the CMOS/Lens ribbon cable.

Phil

I've responded on another thread you posted in. Most dashcams like most electronics (even much top-of-the-line stuff) is made in China these days. It does not automatically equal "garbage" even though some cheap junk also comes from there. And in anything mass-produced there will be some 'duds' reaching the customer no matter how hard you try to avoid that.

Excrement occurs- that's what warranties are for ;) Hope you can find a fix without that!

Phil

I notice when left into the USB for charging, the cam gets hot. Even with green light off.
I just pressed the reset button. Cam does not even turn on right now.
Ribbon was firmly seated at both ends.

I am not investing a penny into fixing this piece of ****.
I will buy another brand. $75 wasted on chinese Ebay garbage.
I will buy one from a proper seller like Best Buy, next time.

I notice when left into the USB for charging, the cam gets hot. Even with green light off.
I just pressed the reset button. Cam does not even turn on right now.
Ribbon was firmly seated at both ends.

I am not investing a penny into fixing this piece of ****.
I will buy another brand. $75 wasted on chinese Ebay garbage.
I will buy one from a proper seller like Best Buy, next time.

What are Super Caps?

Sounds like a good plan. Clearly, you are not a good candidate for a camera like this.

P.S. It's normal for the camera to get hot and this has nothing whatsoever to do with whether the green charging light is on or off.

If you had read the owners manual as I suggested, you would have learned right in second sentence of the first paragraph that, "The two heat sinks can become very hot during operation. This is normal".
In the first paragraph you would also have learned about Super-Capacitors as well.

You may or may not have a defective camera; that can happen on rare occasions. There are numerous methods for dealing with that as the Mobius is the only camera on the market that offers replacement parts and these are easy to install. Most people who have an issue will return the camera for replacement if they purchased from an authorized seller as the camera comes with a warranty.

Last edited:
Back