Blue light on mini 0806?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I know that the blue light on the mini 0806 indicates that the mini is currently charging, but will it go out once it's fully charged?

[UPDATE]
My mini 0806 has been charging for almost 2 hours and the blue light is still on.

When I drive all the lights are on all the time once the bottom gps one stops blinking. As my unit is totally behind my rear view mirror, I don't see it unless I want to and so I ignore the lights. Have had it for 7 months and all I do is hear it come on when I start the car and go off some seconds after I turn off the car. I have looked at the card contents once or twice and everything seems to be in order. So as far as I am concerned everything is fine.

It's a power on light and is on while power is applied to the camera wether the battery is charged or not.

[UPDATE]
My mini 0806 has been charging for almost 2 hours and the blue light is still on.
I've had mine more than 6 months and the blue light still hasn't gone out (with power applied)!
It is supposed to indicate charging. Either it never recognises that the battery is fully charged, or the use has changed. I don't think there's a setting that affects this.

Blue indicates recording. Red indicates charging and power. May flicker when near full charge threshold. Green indicates GPS (optional)

0806LED.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, most dashcams' LED blink when recording and constant on when charging. Those with only one LED change colors when it's doing more than one thing at a time like recording as well as charging.
Some dashcams never fully charge and always show charging indicator while some stop charging when you drive a while.
If you only charge it without recording or even better turn it off, the charging LED should go out once it's charged.

My 0806 LED / Functions are

Power / Charging = BLUE
Recording = RED (Flashing)
GPS or Mic (selectable) = GREEN (Flashing when searching, steady when locked on to satellites)

Maybe the LED colours were changed with the release of an updated version of the 0806 ?

Last edited:
My 0806 LED / Functions are

Power / Charging = BLUE
Recording = RED (Flashing)
GPS or Mic (selectable) = GREEN (Flashing when searching, steady when locked on to satellites)

Maybe the LED colours were changed with the release of an updated version of the 0806 ?

My unit is an early pre-production sample provided by Rayman Chan. It is running on fairly recent firmware, however. If changes were made, perhaps it was on a hardware level?
The graphic I provided is from a PDF of the 0806 owner's manual I've had on my hard drive.
If someone has a more recent version of the manual it may speak to the question of whether the indicator colors were changed.

http://mini0806.com/index.html

Interesting, the Mini-0806 web site currently shows the following:

0806B.jpg 0806.jpg

On my unit Red is on top, Blue is in the middle, Green is on the bottom.

On my unit:
Blue shows power is connected and blinks to indicate recording is in progress.
Red is battery charging indicator. (flickers when hovering near full charge threshold)
Green is GPS or optional Mic indicator. (blinks until GPS lock and then solid)

Last edited:
On the orientation in your photo my units LED's are

BLUE = Power TOP,
RED = Recording MIDDLE
GREEN = GPS / MIC BOTTOM.

Last edited:
All of mine are the same as Rigsby. When I first got them, I bench tested them, and if left long enough on a USB charger, the blue light eventually did go out. But I've never seen that happen in any of the cars. I think the battery just never reaches full charge on the average trip. Either way, don't worry about it unless you find the camera shutting off w/o shutting down properly - in which case it's a shot battery.

On a side note, I had been using Sandisk 64g class 10 cards from day one. Once a week a random camera would power off (blue light only). I'd have to reformat the card for it to stay working again (for another few weeks). I've since changed to Lexar 32GB cards in one vehicle. It's been over 3 weeks and not one camera has acted up. I really think a lot of the gremlins people have with these cameras are incompatibilities with the microSD cards.

On a side note, I had been using Sandisk 64g class 10 cards from day one. Once a week a random camera would power off (blue light only). I'd have to reformat the card for it to stay working again (for another few weeks). I've since changed to Lexar 32GB cards in one vehicle. It's been over 3 weeks and not one camera has acted up. I really think a lot of the gremlins people have with these cameras are incompatibilities with the microSD cards.

native FAT32 sized cards are generally the most stable in a camera

On the subject of the blue light.. My Mini 0801 is working ok but now when I switch the power off the blue light stays on and won`t go out!! indicates power getting to camera although my front (Viofo A119S) and rear cameras are both powered by the same switch and the Viofo A119S shuts down normally.. Any ideas??

Back