Blueskysea B1W connection problems

keslinny

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased a Blueskysea B1W dashcam. I'm having problems retaining (or even getting) a consistent connection when plugged into my laptop and/or desktop computer's USB socket. It appears to work OK when accessed in the car, powered by cigarette lighter. I have read and implemented suggestions that contributors have kindly made re this issue. ie I have taken the SD card out and re-inserted it. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the software on my (Samsung Galaxy 6) mobile phone several times but the connection problem remains. Sometimes I see a message indicating that there's an authentification error. I have disabled the connection to the router in the house so that wifi won't default to my home wifi. One contributor implied that the dashcam won't connect when powered by a laptop/PC. Is this the case? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, unless you use a charging only cable it will become a card reader when plugged into the PC and the wifi wont work.

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful reply. I have just plugged into a mains socket charger and it works fine! Much appreciated!

Forgive me for asking a further question, but, having succeeded (thanks to you, Nigel) in connecting dashcam to mobile away from my car, I am unable to play the video clips on my mobile phone: I select Video Playback and attempt to select one of the thumbnails to playback the video, but nothing happens.... Any ideas, please? (I have switched the mobile off and on and reinstalled the software (again!))

Have you given it a little time to buffer the video?

I would expect a Samsung Galaxy to be reasonably quick, but I don't know about the various models.

Update - playback seems to be working now.... I connected dashcam to car power supply and tried playback: success. I then tried away from vehicle and this time it worked....

Have you given it a little time to buffer the video?

I would expect a Samsung Galaxy to be reasonably quick, but I don't know about the various models.
I thought I had - but maybe I was too impatient and clicked from one thumbnail to another too quickly. Thanks for your response. It seem, however, to be working now though!

@keslinny I am here, you can tag me for help if any questions to use this B1W camera!

Back