Blueskysea B1W Connection Problems

marklb

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello and excuse me if my problem has been solved elsewhere on this forum but I have been unable to find it.

After trying to connect this dash cam to my telephone without much success, I finaly acheived a certain degree of success in that I now have a video image on my phone from the cam..

but at what price....

1. A beep beep. beep beep every 11 seconds ( this has always been there even before the "success" of at last getting the image
2. My phone does not now have internet connection ( whilst cam connected to SSID B1W_...)
3 If i try to start video recording from the app it tells me "failue setting"

Other information:
The green light is constantly on
The SD card is a SanDisk Ultra (microSDXC UHC-1) which has been formatted to FAT32 from its original EXFAT
One other observation is that the SD card is very difficult to release from the cam if you dont have a long(ish) and strong fingernail (things that I don´t have) and I end up resorting to a wooden toothpick, which is all good and well when the cam is on a table in front of you and another thing entirely when its tucked up by the rearview mirror.

Thanks in advance to all the good samaritans.

Mark

Ok, I didn´t know that, thank you

A beep beep. beep beep every 11 seconds ( this has always been there even before the "success" of at last getting the image
Your camera firmware should be 20180528s, camera will sound Beep alert if card error. So you should check your memory card quality firstly!
My phone does not now have internet connection ( whilst cam connected to SSID B1W_...)
For some Android phone models (like Google Pixel 2 and SAMSUNG), if the mobile data(LTE) and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically since the B1W Wi-Fi SSID cannot access to internet. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smartphone
If i try to start video recording from the app it tells me "failue setting"
It happens when card error, you should check your memory card with tool H2testw

Thank you for all the replies so far, I tried the H2testw tool and it showed no errors, I hadn´t mentioned earlier that I am able to take photos with the cam but still have the message "Failure setting" when trying to record video.

I hadn´t mentioned earlier that I am able to take photos with the cam but still have the message "Failure setting" when trying to record video.
This should be the problem with your memory card, it has not enough room for video recording!
Could you tell me which card you use for this camera?

First of all thank you for the continued interest in this thread...
The card is a SanDisk Ultra 64GB that comes formatted in exFAT and which has been converted to Fat32 using EaseUS Partition Master 12.9, the card works fine away from the B1W but once with the B1W produces an error..
Also tried to format using the Windows command prompt this seemed to be working and went through the percentages until the end when it produced an error (I think) as it flashed on and off the screen in a second and then produced the same error with the B1W.
Then tried with a 2nd card, this time a SanDisk Ultra 32GB from the factory with Fat32 "already installed".... it worked!
One of those things.

windows won't format the card FAT32, you need to use a 3rd party program, most people use GUIformat/FAT32formatter

The card is a SanDisk Ultra 64GB that comes formatted in exFAT and which has been converted to Fat32 using EaseUS Partition Master 12.9, the card works fine away from the B1W but once with the B1W produces an error..
Same suggestion as Jokiin, you should us this Guiformat tool to format it as FAT32 if 64Gb card.

Ok thanks ,i´ll give it a go and let you all know.

I´m having problems running GUIformat/FAT32formatter, the last message in Spanish states that the process doesn´t have access to the archive because it´s being used by another process.gui.jpg

I´m having problems running GUIformat/FAT32formatter, the last message in Spanish states that the process doesn´t have access to the archive because it´s being used by another process.
You probably have a Windows Explorer (file manager) window open and looking at card - close everything looking at the card and files on the card.

Win10 likes to hold access even if you aren't looking at the drive, sometimes formatting in Windows first works, it doesn't work reliably on anything later than Win7, I contacted the developer and he acknowledged that but had no interest in fixing it unfortunately

Win10 likes to hold access even if you aren't looking at the drive, sometimes formatting in Windows first works, it doesn't work reliably on anything later than Win7, I contacted the developer and he acknowledged that but had no interest in fixing it unfortunately
I did as you said, formatted in windows before using GUIformat/FAT32formatter and this time GUIformat worked, tried the card in the B1W and..........it worked as well!
Thank you everyone, your´ve all been great.

I’m having an issue with getting the app to connect. When I turn the Camron I just get beeping sounds and nothing else I receded the ST card but to no avail it just beeps

Sound like something are wrong with that memory card, so i would let the test software H2testw chew it over

I’m having an issue with getting the app to connect. When I turn the Camron I just get beeping sounds and nothing else I receded the ST card but to no avail it just beeps
It indicates that the camera detects a failed card, test your card quality with tool H2testw and format it as FAT32 in a windows computer!
Anyway, its Wi-Fi should work even if without a Memory card. You can give it a try without plugging a memory card!

it's why a lot of people choose to use the firmware that has the wifi off by default
So, you are advising to download the firmware for WIFI off, does that mean the camera will auto connect to phone (samsung 10) whenever in the vicinity and start recording and shut off when out of range?
I do not get that I need to find the camera wifi and connect each time I jump in my car?

I assumed that the camera would auto connect and record video/stop recording video, also, G Sensor - I have given the car a good slam/bounce and it does not record (hardwired no ACC yellow) but recording does not start.

Cheers

Back