Blueskysea B1W dashcam Erratic Date and Time Stamps and File Creation time

alanvernon

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi
Interested in any suggestions on how to fix a strange problem with the Blueskysea B1W Dashcam.
The Problem
The date and time change erratically. This affects file creation dates and timestamps
90% of files save with correct timestamps and creation dates
10% of files save other times and years generally from 1969 to 2031
It seemed like a software problem however I have both upgraded and downgraded the firmware and the erratic behavior is the same
I cannot trust any stored timestamps and trying to combine files is problematic .

Your thoughts would be apprciated
Alan Vernon

Hello Alan,
Could you mind to tell me if you use our supplied car charger? It happens if voltage output too high to dashcam!
If you use a third-party car charger, it is better to make sure its output(5V/1A) to dashcam!
Regards,
Vicky

Hi Vicky

I used the supplied car unit. I did some more tests such as upgrading firmware and downgrading firmware. Tested both Unsysnced and Synced after firmware changed.The problem persisted. After all the tests it seems most likely to be a hardware issue. The majority of recordings are fine however if the time stamp is on/recording then almost every video will have some frames with an erratic date and time. I believe the files created with the erratic date and time simply occur when the date and time register/ram location is compromised.
I have done a bunch of test with the supplier (Shenzhen Smartway Technology Co., Ltd) and they concede there is a problem and I am retuning it to them. It is disappointing I will have to wait so long to get a fully functional unit as I am in NZ and they are in China. It look like a very good unit for its price.

Thank you for taking the time to reply
Regards
Alan Vernon

Hello Alan, might it be USB Car charger hardware problem, you can give it a desktop test when plugging into your USB phone wall charger for stable power source!
If this camera can keep the correct time, it should be the problem on its USB car charger!

Hi

From a technical standpoint your suggestion would be an extremely remote possibility. Outside of the time and date the camera performed perfectly and if there was voltage/current problems you would expect missed frames or some crazy behavior with images.
I do appreciate you putting up ideas and I would have tried them despite being skeptical however I have returned the defective item to the supplier hopefully for replacement.

Thank you for your reply
Regards
Alan Vernon

Noted, thanks for your help to ship it back for inspection!

I am having the same issue. I received my unit last Sunday. I tested it out Sunday, used it from 10AM - 5:30PM Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far. Not all day.. because sometimes I don't have any deliveries to make. Today the morning my videos showed the correct date. Then out of nowhere it starts recording with a date of 1985.

I am having the same issue. I received my unit last Sunday. I tested it out Sunday, used it from 10AM - 5:30PM Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far. Not all day.. because sometimes I don't have any deliveries to make. Today the morning my videos showed the correct date. Then out of nowhere it starts recording with a date of 1985.
Do you remember what is the longest parking time it experienced? It should keep time for 2 days at least after power off!
If it cannot keep time within 2 days without use, you can ship it back for replacement!

Longest parking time during my work hours? An hour. After work is 12 hours.

It should keep time without use after 12 hours parking, and suggest you sync its time in the APP and keep eyes on it for us, thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T B1W 9
B B1W 35
Y B1W 17
Paul Iddon B1W 15
estore009 B1W 521
Back