Blueskysea B1W mount question

I modified the Harfing product picture presentation just to show you how to use 2pcs of this mount to obtain one mount for B1W.
Harfing mount for B1W.jpg

Harfing original mount.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Ahh, that seems like it will work. Thank you very much.

I cut the plastic clip off the g1w mount from blueskysea and just used the cameras adhesive mount to stick it to the flat plastic

I cut the plastic clip off the g1w mount from blueskysea and just used the cameras adhesive mount to stick it to the flat plastic
Thanks for the idea

By the way, the manufacturer says it is made in hard ABS, but I have my doubts. The glue for ABS does not work at 100% and the plastic is not so hard.

Gracias por la idea
ab5a72a252a7fe02747b32b9c94f72ef.jpg
3e969bf4c85c083383a6a3d82746a89f.jpg
ced2245e1038b3898c9e05dc792eb900.jpg

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Hello,

I was able to finally purchase a B1W cam off of Amazon a couple days ago when they had a lightning deal and from member @Mtz's suggestion, I went ahead and purchased two AmorTek mounts (The Harfing mount is out of stock at the time of this post) to put his idea to use.

Upon receiving my packages, I only opened one mounting system to see if any of the joints will work without needing to use part of the other system and I can confirm that it does. One of the joints fits pretty snug and feels like it will hold the cam securely even through some bumpy rides. It does not click to lock in like the factory mount but it did require a bit of pressure to slide off but not enough to where it feels like I'm going to damage something. This would be useful for if you want to unmount your cam.

I attached some pictures to show the mount system in use with the cam.

I hope this post can be useful for people looking into purchasing this cam and would like to use the rear view mounting system like I did.

IMG_20180428_160447.jpg
IMG_20180428_160748.jpg
IMG_20180428_161037.jpg

Hello,

I was able to finally purchase a B1W cam off of Amazon a couple days ago when they had a lightning deal and from member @Mtz's suggestion, I went ahead and purchased two AmorTek mounts (The Harfing mount is out of stock at the time of this post) to put his idea to use.

Upon receiving my packages, I only opened one mounting system to see if any of the joints will work without needing to use part of the other system and I can confirm that it does. One of the joints fits pretty snug and feels like it will hold the cam securely even through some bumpy rides. It does not click to lock in like the factory mount but it did require a bit of pressure to slide off but not enough to where it feels like I'm going to damage something. This would be useful for if you want to unmount your cam.

I attached some pictures to show the mount system in use with the cam.

I hope this post can be useful for people looking into purchasing this cam and would like to use the rear view mounting system like I did.

View attachment 37728
View attachment 37729
View attachment 37730
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the brand that I bought did not have any piece that adjusted, even regular, which would have made things much easier.

It has been great

Could be nice if Blueskysea will create such mirror mount.

enjoy,
Mtz

Does anyone know of a suction cup with a clamp for the glass, which is not very large but capable of holding the camera securely?

I would prefer it and it would be more compatible than a support for the mirror.

In my case, after modifying the support to place the camera I could not put the support for the mirror because it impeded the adjustment of the mirror

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a suction cup with a clamp for the glass, which is not very large but capable of holding the camera securely?
Yes, I use the sucker mount during the tests, because I have to install B1W in different cars.
You can use such as: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00EMVOV3U or similar.
You may need to modify it a little (Do It Yourself :)). I used the needle file. I also use 3M, keeps B1W very well
suction cup_B1W_DIY_1.jpg suction cup_B1W_DIY_2.jpg suction cup_B1W_size.jpg

Yes, I use the sucker mount during the tests, because I have to install B1W in different cars.
You can use such as: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00EMVOV3U or similar.
You may need to modify it a little (Do It Yourself :)). I used the needle file. I also use 3M, keeps B1W very well
View attachment 37803 View attachment 37804 View attachment 37805

Thanks, it looks very good. Although I thought of something that was a clamp, this other solution is better since it does not need to be adjusted every time you put it on.

I do not worry about having to modify the anchor but if what some users say about the operation of the suction cup ... I'll think about it

What is the size of the accessories ball? maybe the ones I have from the support for the mirror

Last edited:
What is the size of the accessories ball? maybe the ones I have from the support for the mirror
For the mount that I use, the ball diameter is about 15 mm, others may differ

Фото-0310.jpg

For the mount that I use, the ball diameter is about 15 mm, others may differ

View attachment 37835
Is the experience that you have had with the suction cup good or does it take off after a short time of being put as some critics say?

Cannot work, except you want to modify a little!

Is the experience that you have had with the suction cup good or does it take off after a short time of being put as some critics say?
I've been using suction cups for a long time in different dashcams and I don't see any obstacles and inconvenience to their use
Do the blueskysea mounts work with the B1W, or only the G1W?
These designs can be used, but as they say: "and from the steam train you can make a jet plane, only you need to work a little with a file";)
PS: and do not forget that for good fixing you need to use 3M Scotch tape, but in this case the connection of the mount and the dash will not be reusable and can't easily be disconnected :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back