Blueskysea B1W vs. Mobius

SlashKO

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hello

Please, help me to decide.

I bought Mobius to first car, and later JooVuu X to other.

JooVuu was piece of crap, but Mobius was pretty good.

Actually, I still have both of them, but Mobius have problem with random stop recording.

So i have to buy new one :)

Please, help me to decide.
Want simple and small, with good quality of record.

So i pre-choose Blueskysea B1W and Mobius.

Which one I should buy? Or another?

Many thank's.

If it is for recording accidents then go for the B1W.

The image quality on the B1W isn't as clean as the Mobius since it runs at a rather low bitrate, and there are a lot less settings to play with, so I don't recommend it for making movies, but it will easily win on number plate reading, especially in darker conditions, and is reliable, also has a parking mode if you want it and an optional CPL filter for if you have reflection issues. Probably easier to mount too.

Welcome to DCT @SlashKO :)
I've got both of these, and my preference is the B1W, mostly because it is so much better in low-light. With a good lens and careful adjustment, Mobius can do better in daytime, but B1W should be good enough. The B1W looks like a factory-installed sensor or part which adds to it's appeal and discreteness considerably. It's wifi user-interface also has a lot of appeal for most folks, and Blueskysea works hard to ensure the app will work for your modern phone, but if you're like me with only a low-grade tablet for this purpose you may not get full functionality with the app. Also to consider is that the B1W reserves 30% of the card space for only 'locked file' event recordings so you'll get somewhat less normal recording time for a given card size with it, but this shouldn't be an issue unless you're using small cards. Mobius on medium bitrate gave me just over 8 hours recording time, while the same 64GB card in my B1W gave me just over 6 1/2 hours. If ruggedness is a major consideration then Mobius may still have an edge, and it's still the go-to cam for experimenters, but otherwise I think you'll like the B1W more for normal dashcam use.

Phil

if possible,you can also consider our ZEROGOGO RW100 WIFI dash cam.:)

Hi guys, thank's a lot !!!

@SawMaster
So BW1 have better video quality in low light, than Mobius?

Have hard-wiring and mount to Mobius in my car, so will be easier.

But only point, that really matters, is video quallity.

So Mobius is better in good light conditions, and BW1 in low light? Get it right?

If Mobius is 100% during day, and BW1 is 100% in night.

Will be Mobius 100/75 and BW 75/100 ?

Back