Blueskysea B2K

Yes, I'm sure that it is dropping but I've never put a voltmeter on it to know how much. Idle is about 800 RPM and at about 1000- 1200 RPM the headlights regain full brightness.

If I could find an old mechanical regulator I could fix this, but the electronic ones made and sold now are epoxy-potted and non-adjustable. Odds of finding an old one which still works are next-to-none since they changed over to electronic in the 70's.

Phil

Yeah, I'm terrified to dive back into the electrical system on the trike, but I threatened to do it in cooler weather, so need to get off my butt soon.

FWIW the trike has a kick starter which works. Can put off getting a new battery for a long time. :)

Yes, I'm sure that it is dropping but I've never put a voltmeter on it to know how much. Idle is about 800 RPM and at about 1000- 1200 RPM the headlights regain full brightness.

If I could find an old mechanical regulator I could fix this, but the electronic ones made and sold now are epoxy-potted and non-adjustable. Odds of finding an old one which still works are next-to-none since they changed over to electronic in the 70's.

Phil
Just increase the idle RPM, problem solved! Mine idles at 950 RPM instead of the factory default 830 RPM, much nicer.

A change in input voltage to a switching regulator like the dashcam power adaptors changes the switching frequency, which affects the noise on the power supply reaching the camera, so it is likely not to be an issue of voltage, but one of noise. Generally the higher power adaptors will do better at minimising noise.

Ran the supplied PS today with zero shutdowns but didn't have headlights or heater fan going. The old PS would trip up sometimes in the same circumstances so my problem is hopefully solved, and I think the cam is OK.

@Nigel I can't raise the idle RPM without toasting the E4OD transmission, which isn't tolerant of high temps or abuse. Idle drag will kill it quickly according to my experts and after spending big to have it rebuilt I won't risk that.

Once I get my auxiliary battery system going the issue will solve itself as I plan on using a boost converter on the dashcam circuit p-ulled from there.

Phil

@Nigel I can't raise the idle RPM without toasting the E4OD transmission, which isn't tolerant of high temps or abuse. Idle drag will kill it quickly according to my experts and after spending big to have it rebuilt I won't risk that.
Ahh, we don't have that sort of issue with our manual transmissions!

I don't think a manual was offered in this series van, but they were common in the earlier ones.

Phil

The torture test of the B2K continues.

Thought one of the scouts looked familiar......nephew of my girlfriend. (The one crouching like he is going to sprint out in front of me at the 2:22 mark..)

Thai kids in public school are required to be in Scouts, or when older ROTC type stuff. One day a week they wear the uniforms to school, the teachers, also.

sunsun.JPG

Last edited:
A section of the same road 'under construction'.

I like the video of thee B2k a lot. I have some electrical quirks with the test vehicle. I don't use the b2k Daily, and usually have to set the date/time every time I use it.
(Maybe 2-4 day intervals.)

Another section of road in somewhat better shape. That construction zone has been like this for a month, I'm surprised it's not littered with wreck vehicles and bodies.

Last edited:
I an sitting "on" a fresh slab of concrete too, they finally got around to pour it on Monday, so until l Friday the back yard are off limit for parking as the only way in and out are blocked.
I have never tried to drive on a concrete road, the few places where we had those was paved over before i got my license

I think they will put asphalt over the top of that, but I'm not sure? This road had severe potholes. I am more used to those where they have severe cold weather, but I guess neglect can cause them, too.

I am having a similar problem with mine. It seems to happen on my way home from work. I have a 47 mile drive. For whatever reason it records my trip to work without issues. However on my way home within the first 10 minuets the display will come on. The blue light flashes on the camera and there is a red light flashes in the display indicating that everything is fine. I have tried to save files during this time but the entire trip home is not recorded. We went to a cool lake yesterday for Christmas and none of it is on the card. I still had 50gb’s of free space. Anyone have a solution to this issue?

Dave

Check the footage timestamp to see if it restarts or not! Sync its time in the app if yes!

I am having a similar problem with mine. It seems to happen on my way home from work. I have a 47 mile drive. For whatever reason it records my trip to work without issues. However on my way home within the first 10 minuets the display will come on. The blue light flashes on the camera and there is a red light flashes in the display indicating that everything is fine. I have tried to save files during this time but the entire trip home is not recorded. We went to a cool lake yesterday for Christmas and none of it is on the card. I still had 50gb’s of free space. Anyone have a solution to this issue?

Dave
how old is the memory card? Try a new memory card?
Check the footage timestamp to see if it restarts or not! Sync its time in the app if

I believe it’s actually about 6yrs old actually. It’s a nicer 128gb Sandisk. I know some of the dash cams can be picky with memory cards. I do always format it after I download it.

Dave

Check the footage timestamp to see if it restarts or not! Sync its time in the app if yes!
I will have to check the time stamp. On my way to work it records flawless. 8hrs later it records two 3 minute files and then stops recording for the remainder of my 47 mile drive home. When this happens the display comes on and stays on. Today I powered it off and powered it back on and it recorded nothing even though the display indicates that it is in fact recording. I will give this a try as well. Thanks for the tips guys

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J B2K 8
Back