Blueskysea B2W hardwire issues

Drizzy123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought a Blueskysea B2W kit on eBay and have a few questions regarding hardwiring it. On the official hardwire kit there are 3 wires: RED for power, BLACK for ground, and YELLOW for ACC signal as seen here:
s-l640.jpg

For the B1W model, users were advised to leave the yellow disconnected and just use the power and ground.

I bought this aftermarket hardwire kit on Amazon which plugs into the fusebox: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B078T5T21G. It only has the POWER and GROUND wire so the camera turns on when the car is on and shuts off when it's off. Is parking mode able to be enabled somehow with this kit or do I have to buy the official kit with the yellow wire? How exactly do the wires integrate into the fuse box?

Also on the Blueskysea website there are two firmware versions for IPS or TFT screen. I've never seen two different models for sale but my B2W has firmware V20190726.. does that mean I have the TFT version?

Thanks,
Drizzy123

Welcome to DCT @Drizzy123 :)

I'll tag @estore009 here for an official answer- it's their camera. But as I understand things, if you want to use parking mode with the B2W you will need the 3-wire HWK. 2-wire versions do parking mode only with cams that use a software based solution to switch into parking mode, such as a GPS signal being stationary or there being no motion detected at the lens for a brief time.

I'd suggest getting the recommended HWK as some cheaper ones can fail in a manner which can destroy your camera (overvoltage). Hard to go wrong using the right stuff!

Phil

Last edited:
I recently bought a Blueskysea B2W kit on eBay and have a few questions regarding hardwiring it. On the official hardwire kit there are 3 wires: RED for power, BLACK for ground, and YELLOW for ACC signal as seen here:
s-l640.jpg

For the B1W model, users were advised to leave the yellow disconnected and just use the power and ground.

I bought this aftermarket hardwire kit on Amazon which plugs into the fusebox: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B078T5T21G. It only has the POWER and GROUND wire so the camera turns on when the car is on and shuts off when it's off. Is parking mode able to be enabled somehow with this kit or do I have to buy the official kit with the yellow wire? How exactly do the wires integrate into the fuse box?

Also on the Blueskysea website there are two firmware versions for IPS or TFT screen. I've never seen two different models for sale but my B2W has firmware V20190726.. does that mean I have the TFT version?

Thanks,
Drizzy123
You should use our 3-wire hardwire kit (Red +Yellow+Black wires), and this hardwire kit available on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B083TVV8FQBy the way, V20190726 is for the TFT screen B2W, please do not load the V20191030 firmware!

Hello SawMaster and estore009, thank you for your replies.

estore009, yes that is the kit I was going to looking at buying initially. However the threads for the B1W users that bought that kit they stated that it only comes with one fuse tap for power and ground and they have no way to connect the yellow wire. You had replied they should keep the yellow disconnected since the B1W did not support ACC signal. Since the B2W does support ACC, was the kit updated to come with enough fuse ends to connect each of the three wires? The product picture does not make it clear since they're loose pins/wire ends.

Thank you.

You had replied they should keep the yellow disconnected since the B1W did not support ACC signal. Since the B2W does support ACC, was the kit updated to come with enough fuse ends to connect each of the three wires?
You are correct! B1W cannot detect the ACC signal, it is okay to let the yellow wire unconnected; B2W can detect the ACC signal, so you should connect the yellow wire with an ACC socket;
The product picture does not make it clear since they're loose pins/wire ends.
Red wire to a 12V always-on socket, Yellow wire to an Auxilliary(only has the 12V power after ignition on) socket, and black wire to the GND;

Thanks for the replies but i guess i didn't ask my questions clearly. To anyone else wondering, I bought the official Blueskysea hardwire kit in the posted link and it DOES NOT come with fuse taps and is indeed loose wires in a bag, lol.
IMG_20200311_165945.jpg

Which fuse you need? mini or Tiny fuse blade?

My car uses the low-profile mini fuses but no worries, I just stuck the wires against the gold fuse contact and pushed down on the fuse hard and it seems to make a good enough connection. I may buy low-profile fuse taps in the future but for now it's good enough.

Anyone have any recommendations on good free software to overlay the Front & Rear videos files together?

My car uses the low-profile mini fuses but no worries, I just stuck the wires against the gold fuse contact and pushed down on the fuse hard and it seems to make a good enough connection. I may buy low-profile fuse taps in the future but for now it's good enough.

Anyone have any recommendations on good free software to overlay the Front & Rear videos files together?
Dashcam viewer and download link https://dashcamviewer.com/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
9 B2W 0
U B2W 1
E B2W 21
L B2W 7
Back