Blueskysea B2W

lilac

Reaction score
Country
Australia
According to Amazon B2W description:
Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution on both views (front view and cabin view) ; new Sony IMX307 Starvis sensors for superior night time video quality and reduced motion blur on both front and cabin

The fact:
Below as demonstration with IR off, the left photo shows performing like a cheap 720p cam while right side just mediocre, still can see it is blurry outside.
1574703301168.png1574703211093.png
1574703516734.png1574703609898.png
1574704028169.png

1574704125848.png

I have both A129 & B2W purchased from US Amazon, not from China warehouse.

A129 is much clearer especially in dark, able to catch both inside & outside cabin clearly & brighter

B2W in contrast, way worse than A129, one side is mediocre while the other one is blurry like 720p either IR on/off, all are darker. Still no way performs closed to A129 Sony Starvis

Unfortunately unable to post the photos or videos for the demonstration, hope anyone can give me a clue.

Below is what Blueskysea responded regarding the issues,
**************************************************************************************************************************************
This is <John Doe>, a tech support man from BlueSkySea dashcam company! Welcome to talk with me on our social channels Facebook/Twitter/IG/Forum if any questions to use it!

1) B2W Dashcam Image Sensors: Sony IMX307+Sony IMX307. Both authentic Sony Starvis for the front camera and the cabin camera! Same as other Sony Starvis sensors, the IMX307 is in the list of Exmor R sensors.(Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exmor)

Also, you can get more photos for #b2w dashcam sensors here:
Photo 1: Photo 2: Photo 3: (You can find both sensors from the front camera and from the cabin camera are same! )

2) For night recording, you should switch on its Ir lights to get more light into the sensor, so its video footage will be much better!

3) You can test its cabin camera again in the day-time recording. You can twist both cameras for both sides' traffic in the day-time recording!

4) Viofo A129 Duo IR price $169.99 on amazon; Viofo A119 $110 without a cabin camera; And also, someone reviewed both Uber dashcam on this forum. Might you have a look at...
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-a129-ir-and-blueskysea-b2w-comparison.39760/

Wish my above explanation can help you to understand our dashcam well!

Anyway, welcome to talk with me on my social channels: Facebook/Twitter/dashcamtalk Forum, thanks!
*******************************************************************************************************************************************
1st, the whole reply didn't resolve or explain any root issue. The main issue is the night videos quality inside & outside the cabin, either one can match A129 especially one side of B2W performs like a cheap 720p cam.

2nd, we all know the night vision quality is the one to judge the cam quality, any cam even cheap one can do well during a bright
day..........., so what is the main point for this Blueskysea guy to tell us judging the cam quality by "day-time recording"

In conclusion, the whole reply is to misleading the user or/and masking the quality defects unprofessionally, sounds like we are the one new in the field & they r giving us an issue-unrelated lecture or links.

I am not going to waste my times to talk to those unprofessional & irresponsible people anymore, period!

Attachments

• 1574700049972.png
    1574700049972.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 1574703762976.png
    1574703762976.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 1574703827116.png
    1574703827116.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Can we also see some daylight images so that we can judge the lens quality? It will help identify the problem...

keeps on saying upload file too large, need help

How is it mounted? I am wondering if there is a vibration problem that is causing the blur to the inside view and it needs a more solid mount...

The outside view also has motion blur because the camera is using a slow shutter speed because it is dark inside and the exposure is set mainly for the inside, this also causes the view outside at the front to be over exposed.

I guess that if you mounted it on the front windscreen as normal then it would work well...

Maybe take it out of the car and power it with a powerbank, then record a little video in good sunlight with the camera sitting still so that we can really see if there is a lens focus issue or not, I suspect it is motion blur from camera shake, not lens focus...

According to Amazon B2W description:
Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution on both views (front view and cabin view) ; new Sony IMX307 Starvis sensors for superior night time video quality and reduced motion blur on both front and cabin

The fact:
Below as demonstration with IR off, the left photo shows performing like a cheap 720p cam while right side just mediocre, still can see it is blurry outside.
View attachment 49700View attachment 49699
View attachment 49701View attachment 49702
View attachment 49705

View attachment 49706

I have both A129 & B2W purchased from US Amazon, not from China warehouse.

A129 is much clearer especially in dark, able to catch both inside & outside cabin clearly & brighter

B2W in contrast, way worse than A129, one side is mediocre while the other one is blurry like 720p either IR on/off, all are darker. Still no way performs closed to A129 Sony Starvis

Unfortunately unable to post the photos or videos for the demonstration, hope anyone can give me a clue.

Below is what Blueskysea responded regarding the issues,
**************************************************************************************************************************************
This is <John Doe>, a tech support man from BlueSkySea dashcam company! Welcome to talk with me on our social channels Facebook/Twitter/IG/Forum if any questions to use it!

1) B2W Dashcam Image Sensors: Sony IMX307+Sony IMX307. Both authentic Sony Starvis for the front camera and the cabin camera! Same as other Sony Starvis sensors, the IMX307 is in the list of Exmor R sensors.(Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exmor)

Also, you can get more photos for #b2w dashcam sensors here:
Photo 1: Photo 2: Photo 3: (You can find both sensors from the front camera and from the cabin camera are same! )

2) For night recording, you should switch on its Ir lights to get more light into the sensor, so its video footage will be much better!

3) You can test its cabin camera again in the day-time recording. You can twist both cameras for both sides' traffic in the day-time recording!

4) Viofo A129 Duo IR price $169.99 on amazon; Viofo A119 $110 without a cabin camera; And also, someone reviewed both Uber dashcam on this forum. Might you have a look at...
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-a129-ir-and-blueskysea-b2w-comparison.39760/

Wish my above explanation can help you to understand our dashcam well!

Anyway, welcome to talk with me on my social channels: Facebook/Twitter/dashcamtalk Forum, thanks!
*******************************************************************************************************************************************
1st, the whole reply didn't resolve or explain any root issue. The main issue is the night videos quality inside & outside the cabin, either one can match A129 especially one side of B2W performs like a cheap 720p cam.

2nd, we all know the night vision quality is the one to judge the cam quality, any cam even cheap one can do well during a bright
day..........., so what is the main point for this Blueskysea guy to tell us judging the cam quality by "day-time recording"

In conclusion, the whole reply is to misleading the user or/and masking the quality defects unprofessionally, sounds like we are the one new in the field & they r giving us an issue-unrelated lecture or links.

I am not going to waste my times to talk to those unprofessional & irresponsible people anymore, period!
I am Vicky, I am active in this forum, please tag me for help if any question to use it!
Could you mind to update raw video footage to google drive, and share me the download link? Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U B2W 1
D B2W 8
Back