Blueskysea B4K / Hardwiring Kit Review

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
I recently received a Blueskysea B4K 4K UHD dash camera and hardwiring kit from Blueskysea to perform a review of those products.

I did a bit of testing of the hardwiring kit's power monitoring feature to see how accurate it is (does it cutoff the power to the camera at the specified voltage level).

During my testing, Blueskysea released the V008 firmware, so I added the firmware update steps to my review video as well.

It turned out to be a long video, so I have time marks added to the video's YouTube description section to let you navigate to the section that interests you.

00:00 - Intro
00:29 - Overview
02:54 - Camera Unboxing
04:25 - Operation / Config / Power Up
16:47 - Hardwiring Kit - Voltage Testing
21:55 - WiFi & iOS Ucam App Testing
27:04 - Firmware Upgrade
31:02 - Sample Video Footage
33:18 - Final Thoughts

Note: At 11 mins 41 seconds in the video, I stated the "Time-lapse" firmware setting was to select the number of frames per second in parking mode when the time-lapse parking mode was selected in the "Parking Monitor" setting. That statement is incorrect. The "Time-lapse" setting should only be enabled if you want the B4K normal mode recordings to be time-lapse videos. If you want regular videos for normal mode, make sure the "Time-lapse" setting is set to "Off".

Last edited:
I noticed that the Blueskysea hardwiring kit was once again in stock on Amazon. During my review testing, it was necessary to obtain a version of the hardwiring kit that has two slide switches (one for voltage level cutoff and the second one was for the type of parking mode detection for the camera). I was told by Blueskysea that when the Amazon listing with ASIN B075WPSZYH was once again in stock and shipping it would be the version compatible with the B4K camera.

This evening, I confirmed with the Blueskysea rep I've been working with that the current stock for ASIN B075WPSZYH on Amazon is the correct one for the B4K camera.

The Amazon listing still does not list the B4K camera in its description or features listing and I was told that was due to the selling vendor not being able to update that ASIN's page with the B4K info. (IDK why).

So, if you're wanting to use the parking mode features of the B4K camera, you can order the Blueskysea hardwiring kit with Amazon ASIN B075WPSZYH. When you receive it, make sure it has two slide switches instead of the version with only one slide switch.

blueskysea_hardwire_kit.jpg

Last edited:
I think I can also confirm that the old version of this cable (without the second switch for parking mode) does not work with the B4K. I had this kit installed in my car for my B1W, which couldn't use this type of parking mode anyway, but with getting the B4K I hooked up the yellow wire to a switched fuse and the B4K does not switch to parking mode automatically. As of today the kit mentioned above is currently unavailable, but if there is confidence that the updated version works, I will be keeping an eye out for this to come back in stock and hopefully be able to grab the cable with 2 switches.

I think I can also confirm that the old version of this cable (without the second switch for parking mode) does not work with the B4K. I had this kit installed in my car for my B1W, which couldn't use this type of parking mode anyway, but with getting the B4K I hooked up the yellow wire to a switched fuse and the B4K does not switch to parking mode automatically. As of today the kit mentioned above is currently unavailable, but if there is confidence that the updated version works, I will be keeping an eye out for this to come back in stock and hopefully be able to grab the cable with 2 switches.
I was told by the rep I've been working with at Blueskysea that the updated hardwiring kit (with two slide switches) will be available on Amazon again. When I checked a couple of weeks ago, it was in stock but as you pointed out as of today (02-Feb-2021), it is out of stock again.

I've been successfully using the two switch power adapter with the B4K camera for the past several weeks. It successfully enters parking mode as well.

I will be keeping an eye out for this to come back in stock and hopefully be able to grab the cable with 2 switches.
PM me your order number and shipping address, I will ask the seller to send you the updated hardware kit!

So, if you're wanting to use the parking mode features of the B4K camera, you can order the Blueskysea hardwiring kit with Amazon ASIN B075WPSZYH. When you receive it, make sure it has two slide switches instead of the version with only one slide switch.
7Q030iz.png

I reviewed my YouTube video's description section and the affiliate links I have for the B4K camera, hardwiring kit and the CPL filter are all pointing to the latest / correct items for the B4K camera.

The hardwiring kit listing page specifically states that it's for the B4K camera and the pictures show the two slide switches on the side of the unit which is the correct version of the hardwiring power adapter for the B4K camera.

I drove my Toyota Highlander today on my weekly shopping trip route. I needed to fill it with gas in case we're asked to evacuate the area. We're about 12 miles southwest of the nearest evacuation warning zone for the Mosquito Fire in Northern California. The amount of smoke in the air is extreme at times with ash falling from the sky at times. I wondered what the smoke looked like as captured by my Blueskysea B4K dash camera. The area to the right of center is the runway for the Cameron Park Airport. Visibility at the airport is quite poor and the AQI (Air Quality Index) was 456 at the time I captured the video with the B4K dash camera. An AQI over 151 is considered unhealthy. This will be a less than relaxing weekend. We have our home and our health and we are thankful for that!

1662752233473.png

I reviewed my YouTube video's description section and the affiliate links I have for the B4K camera, hardwiring kit and the CPL filter are all pointing to the latest / correct items for the B4K camera.

The hardwiring kit listing page specifically states that it's for the B4K camera and the pictures show the two slide switches on the side of the unit which is the correct version of the hardwiring power adapter for the B4K camera.
the hardwire kit is out of stock. though the universal one says in the description it will work for b1w and b4k. the problem is that the fuse taps included only have one of each type, which wont work as most cars will require 2 of one type.

the hardwire kit is out of stock. though the universal one says in the description it will work for b1w and b4k. the problem is that the fuse taps included only have one of each type, which wont work as most cars will require 2 of one type.
I just went through and reverified my affiliate links in my YouTube video review of the B4K. Some of the original listing pages on Amazon were updated/replaced with new listing pages. I've refresh the links one more time.

The fuse tap quantity is something I pointed out in my review as well (around 37:14 in the video). It's nice to get fuse taps in the kit, but you'll need two of the fuse tap type for your car to successfully install the hardwire adapter.

Back