Blueskysea great product

louisianaman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my dashcam three days ago and when I installed correctly as per instructions, the video isn't good. watching all those videos about the quality of the dash cam and how clear it is isn't working for my dash cam. I contacted seller on ebay and then had to send some pictures and a video to someone on Gmail so they could send it to the "supplier". Got a message back that said the supplier can't seem to solve this right now! wanted to offer a partial refund but I wanted a nice clear perfect B1W like I paid for.
I said this two days ago but found out that it was my fault that I wasn’t viewing the video properly. Thanks for the help of the forum to get me straight and this camera is absolutely tack sharp.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for your report here. Could you PM your oder details, so I can ask my CS to have a check then?

Attachments

• 9EAE8552-1B41-488B-8F19-EC6B4BF0920B.png
    9EAE8552-1B41-488B-8F19-EC6B4BF0920B.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for your reply, and back to you very soon!

@louisianaman Hello again,
From your raw video footage, we think it is the problem on its high contrast,so the images seem to be pixelated when car moving under trees. Anyway, if you like, we can send you a beta firmware, you can try again,ok?

Ok. That’s what I noticed all the pixelation in front of the truck hood. My complaint is that you can’t read the signs in front of the church. Also I noticed in the manual that if you try to load firmware update it says it’s at your own risk. I don’t want to do anything that would stop me from getting replaced ( what I prefer) or a refund.

This is a great dash cam

Last edited:
My complaint is that you can’t read the signs in front of the church
Sorry, I do not think this B1W can capture this white sign in front of the church. But this B1W can capture the other signs just beside the road. You can have a check my atteched photos!
I don’t want to do anything that would stop me from getting replaced ( what I prefer) or a refund
Yes, it is your right to return, and we respect to your any decision. No worry about it!
Regards,Vicky

Attachments

• B1W2.png
    B1W2.png
    974.8 KB · Views: 40
  • B1W3.png
    B1W3.png
    1,020 KB · Views: 37
  • B1W4.png
    B1W4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Could you mind to have a try with newer firmware? And PM you alredy, please check your inbox message!

OP what clear video are you referring to ?

Could you mind to have a try with newer firmware? And PM you alredy, please check your inbox message!
I will try the new firmware if the seller contacts me through Ebay and tells me if the firmware is unsuccessful or damages the dash cam, it will be replaced or the purchase amount will be refunded.

Ok,this seller will talk to you through eBay message!

From the photos, I would say it looks normal and is working correctly. I doubt that replacing it will help, and changing to a different brand of dashcam wont help much, certainly not for reading signs unless you spend a lot more.

It is a difficult situation with a very bright sunny sky but the road and trees are in darkness. All cameras are going to struggle in that situation, not just dashcams.

As for pixilation in the dark areas, that is also normal, with all dashcams being affected to some extent. With the B1W it is more obvious than most due to it using a low bitrate, but that doesn't stop it being an effective dashcam. If you want to make a movie with perfect images then you need a movie camera, not a $50 dashcam designed for capturing accident evidence.

From the photos, I would say it looks normal and is working correctly. I doubt that replacing it will help, and changing to a different brand of dashcam wont help much, certainly not for reading signs unless you spend a lot more.

It is a difficult situation with a very bright sunny sky but the road and trees are in darkness. All cameras are going to struggle in that situation, not just dashcams.

As for pixilation in the dark areas, that is also normal, with all dashcams being affected to some extent. With the B1W it is more obvious than most due to it using a low bitrate, but that doesn't stop it being an effective dashcam. If you want to make a movie with perfect images then you need a movie camera, not a $50 dashcam designed for capturing accident evidence.
I researched this camera for over a month and viewed probably 50 videos showing the performance of this camera. I understand what you are saying but in this instance I cannot View even large church signs much less the license plates it says you can see.

I researched this camera for over a month and viewed probably 50 videos showing the performance of this camera. I understand what you are saying but in this instance I cannot View even large church signs much less the license plates it says you can see.
Can you post a few frame grabs so that we can see?

Can you upload the video? Better still, a link to a RAW file of the video?

Last edited:
aiming the camera down a bit more will stop some of the over exposure but overall for a 12mbit file that pretty much as expected, the amount of trees and other foliage in that area is very difficult scenery to deal with, there doesn't appear to be any fault with the camera based on that sample
The video shows clearly that a large church sign is unreadable. This reviews on this camera says you can read stop signs clearly. If it can’t read a large church sign it’s not doing it’s job. If it’s pixelating badly it’s not doing it’s job. Im not saying it’s a bad product, I’m saying I need a good one.

Back