Blueskysea set failure

Country
United States
Just started using a Blueeskysea B1W yesterday. When I turn it on, it starts recording and runs for a random amount of time, then stops and mumbles something unintelligable. When I try to start the recording process again, a message pops up on the app "set failure". I've tried multiple Samsung EVO cl10 64gb SD cards. I also tried updating the firmware and reformatting the cards. I thought I'd check here for a solution before I return the product and buy something else.

Any ideas ?

ADVthanksANCE

Attachments

estore009

Retailer
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/Mini0906
Thanks for your report, this camera should work with 64Gb card! Could you tell me how you format this 64Gb card as FAT32?

OP
OP
N
Country
United States
Hi,
I used a PC and GUIformat, then the format option on the cam app. Also, the amount of time/loops it runs before it quits seems to be random.

estore009

Retailer
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/Mini0906
Thanks for reply,this is the correct way to format it!
And this "set failure" error happens if camera load old firmware.
Could you answer me these questions: what is the firmware on camera and what is the APP version on your phone?
You can find these info. in APP "about" section!

OP
OP
N
Country
United States
The App says DVR Version v1.06.180103s
IF the thing took the upload, the firmware version is v1.06.180103 but I don't know how to check that. I put that version on the SD Card unzipped and it disappeared so I guess it took it.

estore009

Retailer
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/Mini0906
Thanks for your reply, I noticed that its APP icons crowded together from your attached photo,it is a display resolution issue, also, could you tell me which phone you use?

OP
OP
N
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply, I noticed that its APP icons crowded together from your attached photo,it is a display resolution issue, also, could you tell me which phone you use?
The icons always look like that. The phone is Alcatel 4060a
Android ver 5.1.1

estore009

Retailer
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/Mini0906
I can't figure out how the change the resolution of the app.
Just Google and find that https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...creen-resolution-without-root-access-0160439/
Wish it can help you!
Anyway, you can return its camera back if you think it is a high risk to cause more troubles to use your phone!
Also, the amount of time/loops it runs before it quits seems to be random.
Do you notice camera voice prompts " Slow SD Card " during recording, if yes, it indicates its camera detected card errors! And suggest that you change a new card and try again!

OP
OP
N
Country
United States
It is possible that "slow sd card" is what the device is mumbling. I have tried multiple cards already. I am done with this. I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your replies and assistance.

Xièxiè
Natazu

estore009

Retailer
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/Mini0906
It is possible that "slow sd card" is what the device is mumbling. I have tried multiple cards already. I am done with this. I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your replies and assistance.

Xièxiè
Natazu
PM you this tool T2testw download link and newer beta firmware also, you can give it a try, thanks!