Bluetooth connection issue

Trax95008

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 522 running the latest R16.3 with an IPhone running iOS 13.1.2
The issue I’m having is that the Bluetooth is constantly disconnecting, then reconnecting. This causes 2 issues. First, it makes it difficult to use the app to communicate with the cam, and second, the cam makes a “chime” sound when it makes the Bluetooth connection. I keep hearing the sound as I’m driving, every 5-10 min I’ll hear it! It is super annoying. I have tried all the usual stuff, deleting the cam and reconnecting the Bluetooth, and even doing a hard reset on the cam. The odd thing is that it didn’t always do this, and I’m not sure what changed that caused it! Any ideas???

Hi @Trax95008,

We had reports overnight of this issue appearing yesterday, so our Engineering Team are currently trying to identify the issue and work out a solution. They're hoping to find a solution today, and I'll let you know the root cause and solution (as well as when we'll release the update for the issue) as soon as I know.

Millie

Ok, thank you. It’s odd that your just now getting reports of it... I think I’ve been experiencing it for about 2 weeks now. I just haven’t had a chance to look into it yet. Please update with your findings!

Hi all.

We've been working on a solution for the Bluetooth Disconnection with iOS 13. A few days ago Apple released 13.1.3, which mainly focused on Bluetooth issue fixes for various headphones, headsets and in-car electronics. Unfortunately this still hasn't address the Bluetooth disconnection issue our Apple iOS 13 users are experiencing, such as yourselves. We have reported it to Apple directly and we're making a work around for Apple's issue on our app. This will take a short while to finish development then will have to go into Testing. We're hoping Apple will keep on addressing their Bluetooth iOS 13 issues, but if they do not release a fix soon, our update will be released.

I'll let you know the progress.

Millie

Thanks for the update. I thought I would add some info in case it helps. I was experiencing this issue my self. I recently had my 522 replaced because of a faulty battery. My replacement is NOT experiencing this issue! Im not sure why, the only difference is that the new cam already had R16.3 loaded on it, where as my previous one was updated to the R16.3 is it possible that the update process is causing the issue? maybe some type of corruption is occurring?

Thanks for the update. I thought I would add some info in case it helps. I was experiencing this issue my self. I recently had my 522 replaced because of a faulty battery. My replacement is NOT experiencing this issue! Im not sure why, the only difference is that the new cam already had R16.3 loaded on it, where as my previous one was updated to the R16.3 is it possible that the update process is causing the issue? maybe some type of corruption is occurring?
Thanks for the update. I've passed on these details to the Development Team and they've asked for a little more information; did you replace the camera completely, or have a new battery fitted at Nextbase? If you replaced the Cam, which retailer did you get the replacement from and was R16.3 definitely already loaded on?

Millie

The entire cam was replaced. I got it at “Best Buy” here in the U.S. The first thing I checked was to update it, and that’s when I saw that it had R16.3 already and no update was needed

Thanks, I've passed that on to the Team.

Do you still have the malfunctioning Bluetooth 522GW? If so, is the phone connecting to your car stereo/hands-free/etc via Bluetooth too? Do you have any similar issues with that? If you try the Dash Cam/mobile phone in the house, does it disconnect that frequently inside too?

Millie

No I don’t have it. I had to exchange it for the new one. Yes my phone connects to my vehicles Bluetooth as well. Only the dash cam has connection issues. Nothing else. I never tried it in the house. That would have been a good test. Sorry

Thanks for the information, I've passed it on to the Development Team.

Millie

Back