Bluetooth Pairing - 2 Phones

Hello,

The Series 2 Dash Cameras are only single device compatible. This means that one Dash Cam can be connected to one mobile phone and visa versa. It is not possible to connect multiple phones to one camera, or multiple cameras to one phone at this time. This is due to the ESOS and Alexa subscriptions which are single camera and phone dependent. Our Developers are working on Multi-User, however this is still in Development and not yet ready for release.

Kind regards,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

The Series 2 Dash Cameras are only single device compatible. This means that one Dash Cam can be connected to one mobile phone and visa versa. It is not possible to connect multiple phones to one camera, or multiple cameras to one phone at this time. This is due to the ESOS and Alexa subscriptions which are single camera and phone dependent. Our Developers are working on Multi-User, however this is still in Development and not yet ready for release.

Kind regards,
Millie

this is very disappointing. We were told a future update would allow multiple phones, the camera itself says paired devices (plural). I purchased yesterday and am here because I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out and it's not possible. Please change your manuals and wording on device, and advertising as it reads as if multiple devices can be recognised. Deleting and setting up a phone each time we make a journey is unreasonable and means we won't use the SOS service or view videos on phones which is part of the reason we purchased Nextbase. The model I have is 322 which is not Alexa enabled, so therefore should be doable on that model. Would appreciate development on this. Most other bluetooth/wifi devices allow more than one recognised phone.

You have to be careful with the wording on products out of China.
TBH i dident think the BT radios in a dashcam would be advanced enough to handle more devises, i was thinking simple just like the wifi also seem to be though there are now 5GHZ too

I too have just fitted a Nextbase 622 to my wife's car - that is to say it is registered in her name and she is the main user. I occasionally drive the vehicle and as we are retired we now only have one vehicle. I am truly astonished that you cannot easily pair a second phone - as not earlier you have to unpair the other first. Impractical, ill thought out, presumptive, arrogant, this scenario is not unique in any way. I too feel misled - the screen suggests you can pair multiple phones. In a real world it should be possible to hot swap cars and easily access the dashcam. I feel cheated especially given the price. My reviews from the supplier will reflect my contempt - shortcomings like this from a responsible provider should be highlighted without having to rely on a google search engine to look for a specific review. Shame, because the product is good in so many ways and an improvement on the last model we had. At least with that one, we could remove it from the windscreen and plug it into any pc- not a specific one!

Hello,

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi, any update on this? This feature has now been in development since 2019, at some point the developers should be able to commit to a release or put their hands up and admit defeat

Hello, I can't believe this nextbase dashcams don't allow multiple device pairing. I have a 322GW. I dont expect my phone and my wife's one to be connected to the app at the same time, but we both use the car and we need access to it from our phones. Any update on when this will be fixed/amended? I see this has been in development since 2019 and it would be great if anyone can shed some light on this.

Hello,

Thanks for your messages. Multiuser is still in development for Series 2 devices, I'm afraid I don't have a date for full release yet.
Multiuser will be included with our new IQ products.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextabse Technical Support

Any news Millie? Do we have to disconnect each time the other person drives? I have just acquired a newer car and reluctant to mow hardwire the dashcam if this is not going to be possible in the very near future. Thx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W 422GW 7
J 422GW 1
Back