Bluetooth remote not working

drivedisk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Just bought Viofo a129 pro duo dashcam and did hardware install. Also bought the Bluetooth remote. Manual says, to press and hold the remote button to pair the remote with the dashcam. When I press and hold it just blinks red light and does not blink or show blue color light. Remote does not pair to or connect to the dashcam.

Is there any thing I need to enable in the dashcam for it connect? Is there any problem with the remote? Did anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Did you use the supplied spare battery to have a try? If it still doesn't work, please contact the seller for a replacement.

Tried with the replacement battery and have the same issue. Getting a replacement tomorrow. Will check how that goes.

Thanks

Tried with the replacement battery and have the same issue. Getting a replacement tomorrow. Will check how that goes.

Thanks

I've been following your post. Can you post how it turns out.
Thanks.

I just received the replacement Bluetooth remote and have exact same problem. Pressing and holding the remote button just blinks red light and does not light blue color light and does not pair with the dashcam. Will have to return both remotes.

Thanks

I just received the replacement Bluetooth remote and have exact same problem. Pressing and holding the remote button just blinks red light and does not light blue color light and does not pair with the dashcam. Will have to return both remotes.

Thanks
Press and hold the bluetooth button for like 20 seconds, then release. Now press the button and see if it locks the file. I have seen the light not turn blue, but still pairs.

Press and hold the bluetooth button for like 20 seconds, then release. Now press the button and see if it locks the file. I have seen the light not turn blue, but still pairs.
Thank you. Tried this, After pressing and holding for about 15 secs, light stops and still not pairing, when I click once to see if its working. Red light blinks twice and nothing happens. When I manually click the center button on the dashcam, it locks the video, but not with the Bluetooth remote.

Dashcam came with firmware 2.4 version.

Thanks

Do you have other viofo cameras going ?
I just paired one of these buttons with the T130 test sample i got, and it was fast and easy, but i did also turn off the A139 dashcam meanwhile ( not sure if this would complicate things, i an a total BT novice dont even use the stuff on my phone )

Do you have other viofo cameras going ?
I just paired one of these buttons with the T130 test sample i got, and it was fast and easy, but i did also turn off the A139 dashcam meanwhile ( not sure if this would complicate things, i an a total BT novice dont even use the stuff on my phone )
No, only dashcam I have is a129 pro duo. Ordered dashcam, hardwire kit and remote on the labor day. I tried to pair the remote, while dashcam was in parking mode, while car was on, and while connected directly to power source.
I will try to reset the dashcam to and will try again, to see if that works.

No, only dashcam I have is a129 pro duo. Ordered dashcam, hardwire kit and remote on the labor day. I tried to pair the remote, while dashcam was in parking mode, while car was on, and while connected directly to power source.
Try to reload the firmware. Be sure to manually default the camera in the settings after reinstalling, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Try it with the Dashcam in running mode. Disabling the Parking mode and then try pairing it. Another test you can perform is pairing it to your phone. It will pair but it doesn't do anything, It just proves the Bluetooth button is working.
Make sure you have powered off the unit before you try these steps so you know you are starting from a known point. It helps in problem solving.

Try it with the Dashcam in running mode. Disabling the Parking mode and then try pairing it. Another test you can perform is pairing it to your phone. It will pair but it doesn't do anything, It just proves the Bluetooth button is working.
Make sure you have powered off the unit before you try these steps so you know you are starting from a known point. It helps in problem solving.
Tried with the phone. With in a second it showed the VIOFO-RC1 and connected. So looks like no problem with the remote.

Thanks

I set the dashcam settings to default settings and tried again, still not pairing to dashcam. Could it be firmware problem? Is any one using this dashcam with 2.4 version firmware?

Try to reload the firmware. Be sure to manually default the camera in the settings after reinstalling, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
tried it, reloaded the same 2.4 firmware, reset the settings from the camera options, did hard reset from the side, tried to pair the remote, same problem. Does not pair.

Thanks

Maybe you could try 2.5 20210806

Maybe you could try 2.5 20210806
I just tried version 2.5 and still have same problem. Tried to connect the remote to my computer and it connected fine and is working as a mute button. While connecting to my phone or computer we need to select the device to pair. on the phone its asking permission to connect. While connecting to dashcam it does not ask for any permission. Not sure if need to enable anything. Also not sure if we need to do anything in dashcam to get it to pairing mode so it can see the remote to connect.

Yeah thats probably best, seem like you have a camera where the BT radio are not working,,,, having tried 2 buttons now.
And this is pretty strait forward so i have a hard time imagining that it could be user error.

I bought the A129 Pro Duo last October with the remote and hardwire kit. I installed it without any difficulty and paired the remote in seconds. Never had a problem until last month when the remote stopped working. I replaced the battery without success. I contacted customer support not realising that they were in China ( I had bought the kit from Viofo in the Netherlands, their dealer in Europe) and they sent a replacement remote. Three weeks later it arrived but like drivedisk it did not pair just gave the same symptoms that he was experiencing. I had been advised by Viofo to update to the latest firmware but this made no difference. It's beginning to look as though there might be a pattern emerging here.

I bought the A129 Pro Duo last October with the remote and hardwire kit. I installed it without any difficulty and paired the remote in seconds. Never had a problem until last month when the remote stopped working. I replaced the battery without success. I contacted customer support not realising that they were in China ( I had bought the kit from Viofo in the Netherlands, their dealer in Europe) and they sent a replacement remote. Three weeks later it arrived but like drivedisk it did not pair just gave the same symptoms that he was experiencing. I had been advised by Viofo to update to the latest firmware but this made no difference. It's beginning to look as though there might be a pattern emerging here.
What is the pattern that you're noticing? Just curious...

Back