Blurriness is back

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hot days make it insanely blurry. It's very frustrating. This is my second cam (replaced once before), and it doesn't even get used all that much as I primarily work from home, where it's garaged.

Here are some snippets of raw videos I took with Registrator Viewer, same day, same car, same cam, just one in the morning and one mid day:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n06983v92w6ke80/AADGw0rE0S95fqd-EaF_6j5Ma?dl=0

Is this a V1/V2/V3? What's the serial number off the back and how long have you had it?
Were you parked in the extra hot sun with the windows up for an extended period of time? Is this with or without the CPL? What if you remove the CPL?

Is this a V1/V2/V3? What's the serial number off the back and how long have you had it?
V3. You sent it to me in March of last year as an RMA replacement for another that had gone blurry, after doing the wall test with the printed out pattern and so on. I don't recall the serial at the moment.

Were you parked in the extra hot sun with the windows up for an extended period of time? Is this with or without the CPL? What if you remove the CPL?
Yes, for a few hours. With the CPL. I don't believe removing the CPL doesn't appear to make any difference.

you have a UV tint film on the front window?
I do, yes. Had it for a good while. A little moire effect with the CPL on (not with polarized sunglasses of any brand/quality), but otherwise no discernible issues.

I do, yes. Had it for a good while. A little moire effect with the CPL on (not with polarized sunglasses of any brand/quality), but otherwise no discernible issues.

those UV films aren't always 100% optically stable, may not be the case but something to be aware of, will get Jon to follow up with you and if there's an issue with the camera we will replace it for you no problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P SG9665GC 10