Blurry image

uzb321

Reaction score
Country
Uzbekistan
Having blurry video from my sgzc12sg. Plate numbers are not readable. Replaced different cards, the quality did not change.

Is there anything can be done to improve the video quality?

Attachments

• dash cam.jpg
    dash cam.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 39
That look are not normal, with the blurriness towards the edges all i can think off is a dirty lens ( only the center clean ) or worse yet a element inside the lens have come loose, in this case all you can do is put in a new lens.
A replacement lens you can get fairly cheap, but of course it do mean you will have to take the camera apart and take the old lens out, not everyone have the skill to do that, or what to do that.

One of the official SG guys will be here later to fill in any blanks.

Having blurry video from my sgzc12sg. Plate numbers are not readable. Replaced different cards, the quality did not change.

Is there anything can be done to improve the video quality?
Has it always been this way, or did it recently happen? Have you removed any protective film from the lens?

I've seen this issue before. It was on my father's dashcam. Someone else helped him to install it and failed to remove the lens protective film.
He used it like that for months until he came to visit me and asked me to check it for him. Once removed problem solved. The only difference with his was that the picture had a bluish color to it since the plastic film was semi transparent blue :LOL:.
So it is possible uzb321 dashcam could still have the lens protective film attached to it. Hopefully that is the case and not a defective lens

Has it always been this way, or did it recently happen? Have you removed any protective film from the lens?
it's anything from 5 to 7 years old, I'd hope that he had looked at the video before now, it does look dirty rather than out of focus though so needs a closer look to see what the issue is

it's anything from 5 to 7 years old, I'd hope that he had looked at the video before now, it does look dirty rather than out of focus though so needs a closer look to see what the issue is
Yeah, I'm not familiar with the product so just asking the obvious questions.

Not the SG model that see the most action in here :)

Yeah, but even in its day i cant recall much action, not knowing if thats due to low sales figures or it was a solid performer.

One of the earlier 2-channel models IIRC. I remember it was dropped when the chipset was no longer made for it. Jon was still with Pier28 way back then- a loooong time ago ;) It was this cam where I learned how to decipher SG's model naming system.

Phil

One of the earlier 2-channel models IIRC. I remember it was dropped when the chipset was no longer made for it. Jon was still with Pier28 way back then- a loooong time ago ;) It was this cam where I learned how to decipher SG's model naming system.

Phil
old single channel model, it was the end of the chipset production that killed this model though

Are Zoran still around, have not noticed that brand for a long time.

Well in that case i will go to bed, and dream of the carefree days when zoran was still around. :)

I am sorry we are in GMT +5 time zone.

Here is the video. Very blurry.

Last edited:
how does the lens look, does it look clean?

can you make some video outside of the car to see if it is in focus at any distance, perhaps much closer and see the result

Not the SG model that see the most action in here :)
I was using mine (got it back in July 2014 when it was sold under RoadView/PowerUCC) Panorama G up until this past November when after months of having to carry extra fuses since they would blow when the power cord got wiggled, it finally got too much to deal with. Used it for about 6 years without fail up until that point.

I was using mine (got it back in July 2014 when it was sold under RoadView/PowerUCC) Panorama G up until this past November when after months of having to carry extra fuses since they would blow when the power cord got wiggled, it finally got too much to deal with. Used it for about 6 years without fail up until that point.
Oh and within the first hour of setting the new one up, I caught a rollover crash that happened literally right in front of me

can you make some video outside of the car to see if it is in focus at any distance, perhaps much closer and see the result
Sorry for being offline.

Made a videos out of the car. The dash cam cannot focus at all.

One more thing,

While cleaning the dash cam, I found out that inside there is IMX122 sensor, when the website clearly says IMX322.
Deception?

Back