Blurry left side of SGGCX2PRO+'s video

Racer-X

Reaction score
Country
United States
Title says it all. I did a check of my video after assuming that it's been working fine for the last year or so (I know, I need to check it more often), and I noticed that the front video is significantly more blurry than the back camera's, especially on the left side. The video files are the same size between the front and back cameras, so I don't think the resolution has changed. I also remember that I checked the video when the camera was installed and it was fantastic.

Any thoughts on what I should do to troubleshoot before tossing it out?

Title says it all. I did a check of my video after assuming that it's been working fine for the last year or so (I know, I need to check it more often), and I noticed that the front video is significantly more blurry than the back camera's, especially on the left side. The video files are the same size between the front and back cameras, so I don't think the resolution has changed. I also remember that I checked the video when the camera was installed and it was fantastic.

Any thoughts on what I should do to troubleshoot before tossing it out?

Did you test without the CPL? Is the window clean both inside and out? Lens cleaned thoroughly?
Focus shift is pretty rear on our newer products but anything is still possible. We have a 2 year warranty so you’re welcome to send it in for service if needed. Send a private message or support email with your order details address email etc.

Focus can some times slide, also just in one side, which then are most often the lens itself coming apart on the inside ( one of the lens elements sliding )
The lenses are replaceable, though not in any easy manner, but it can be done with regular DIY skill / tool level.
If it is a newer camera you still have warranty, SG give 2 years if you register online at purchase, also a return customer rebate if you get a new of their cameras, but the GCX2pro is about as new as SG cameras get.

Ill highlight @Street Guardian USA to get some attention to this.

you snooze you loose :LOL:

The window is clean, but I will verify again and test it out tomorrow. I'll remove the CPL as well, although that looked perfectly fine. Give me another 24 hours to diagnose.

See below for a screen capture from the camera this evening. This is without the CPL and with a clean windshield and lens. The left side is definitely fuzzier than the right. Comparatively, the rear camera's image is much better.

Coincidently, I ordered a SGGCX2PRO+ for my car (this issue is on the wife's car) which should arrive this Friday. I will go around the block using each camera to get a good comparison and verify there is an issue with the current camera before sending it back.

Capture.PNG

yeah you got some fuzziness going on there alright.

See attached for old vs. new camera. I was just holding the new one against the windshield next to the old one so the alignment and exposure isn't perfect, but you can see quite a difference between the two images.

Capture from old camera.PNGCapture from new camera.PNG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 9
Back