Blurry on one side

danielcs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't download your samples right now to check but will have a look once I have computer access again, could be an outside influence or could be a hardware fault

Where are you located?

Hello I’ll send you a private message with an action plan and a special focus chart to confirm things. Check your inbox in the upper right shortly.

I've got blurry stuff going on too. Tried to come up with a manner on posting screen caps full-sized as possible - am not sure of the limitations of the pic hosting server or this forum, so I chopped out sections instead of trying to use the entire pic which might not come up the desired full size to be able to show it accurately as possible.

Here we go -

HmIGwQ1.jpg

Left side - this is on a bright sunny day this past week. What stands out to me is the oversaturation, overexposure - the light colored vehicles are flat washed out, the streetsign on top of the traffic light pole is unreadable due to the washout.

Right side of same scene -

gK4U1ja.jpg

Focus is improved, overexposure diminished but still present.

48 hours later, on an overcast day, to the left -

x5yxTXz.jpg

Overexposure really diminished, focus still pretty gnarly but improved over the sunlit day.

Right side of same scene -

AwCUFfi.jpg

Not perfect but better than the left side, is all I can say.

Left side pic only - there was nothing but desolation to the right, nothing to look at or focus on.

jfPJFFT.jpg

The big reason I included this shot were the flashing overhead warning lights on the utility vehicle - blue & yellow - were over-saturated in the video - way out of place, didn't look natural at all.

It's like the light gain in the camera went nuts and went wide open -

X5Rn0t5.jpg

The lights are crazy looking - like someone dobbed day-glo neon paint over them.

The camera unit itself was never hot - wasn't even warm. It was perfect and good to go when first started using it, but it's deviated away from the stellar performance that was being delivered.

It was suggested on another thread that a re-flash of the firmware would be the method to re-calibrate any settings that have gone rogue - that still the suggested course of action for this also?

@Blackout Streetfight
I just sent you a private message with an action plan. Please check your inbox (upper right)
With the short window of opportunity I had available to mess with the camera, I jumped straight to the firmware change - used the beta, didn't see the latest & greatest posted until just now - didn't touch anything else, didn't mess with windshield or camera lens, just a change of firmware. Set Quality to High, left WDR On, Conditions were clear skies with bright sunshine - blurry vid and extreme light oversaturation issues GONE. Went out for a short spin after dark, rogue pixels I had complained about on another thread, totally gone. Things different noticed is that the vid seems a bit "darker" with richer color than before - something has been changed and tweaked around with this firmware. White objects are a bit overly bright, but not like before - maybe adjusting around with the AE Metering, EV & Contrast will fine tune some of that. The right side of the vid looked a little sharper & crisper than the left - not sure what to think about that. I've been careful around the cam and the lens looks pristine, but am not sure of the recommended way to clean it - I do have optic micro cloth available though.

Yeah make sure everything is clean and see how you go, you can take your time, there's no time limit on getting help, if you find that something isn't right still we'll make sure you get sorted

Yeah make sure everything is clean and see how you go, you can take your time, there's no time limit on getting help, if you find that something isn't right still we'll make sure you get sorted
Thanx - I think you may have misunderstood my comment - it's me that has the time issues - I only had a small amount of time to mess with it and try to get something figured out, preferably to the positive before the new week gets started. It's gonna be dang busy around here.

Back