Blurry unreadable license plates

Avidemux and Registrator Viewer are two options.

I was able to download and use a working version of Avidemux, I did have have to change the output format to mp4 muxer? there was a mp4v2 muxer option too but I didn't know which one to use.

The Registrator Viewer on the other hand has been a lot harder to track down a working version. I have tried 3 different downloads and havn't got one to work yet. They all give me errors when opening them and even if I dismiss the error messages the maps don't work, the gps doesn't work, as well as other things won't work, but it will play a video.

I was able to download and use a working version of Avidemux, I did have have to change the output format to mp4 muxer? there was a mp4v2 muxer option too but I didn't know which one to use.

The Registrator Viewer on the other hand has been a lot harder to track down a working version. I have tried 3 different downloads and havn't got one to work yet. They all give me errors when opening them and even if I dismiss the error messages the maps don't work, the gps doesn't work, as well as other things won't work, but it will play a video.
if the error messages related to a map display just disable the maps.
Registrator Viewer never displayed the trips map on my WinXp properly but it's good to split / cut / join or preview the video - that's what a @gse recommendation is for. it doesn't change the video quality and doesn't play a .TS format. the other choice is to use a PotPlayer. it may take time to figure out all the necessary settings but after that it's pretty easy to use.
smile3.gif

Registrator Viewer won't give you map detail, your camera is not supported, for the purpose of trimming a video though it's fine, you can download a clean copy here http://bit.ly/Registrator_Viewer instructions on how to crop here http://bit.ly/RegistratorViewerExport

Yes, MP4 muxer. Leave video option to 'copy' and trim only to key frames (IIRC you skip key frames using the up/down arrows). Saving a trimmed video should only take a few seconds, usually less than 5s. If it takes a lot longer, you are re-encoding which is not what you want.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/google-maps-fix-for-registratorviewer-windows.27756/

Route display in the Registrar Viewer for Viofo a129 / A119 / A119PRO / A119S registrars
Archive with the program in the description of the video:

Last edited:
Hi all,
Nasty experience with a crazed driver who was tailgating me after work. I put on my hazards as I couldn't safely overtake the cars to my left. It took me about a minute to pass them, going at the speed limit no problems, but this guy was positive he wanted to go much faster and was angry at me for obeying the law.

He overtakes and then repeatedly swerves in front of me pressing his breaks. I have the dash footage but as it was 9pm it was low visibility.

Can anyone help identify the numberplate?

Many thanks

Attachments

• dash clip1.png
    dash clip1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • dash clip2.png
    dash clip2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • dash clip3.png
    dash clip3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • dash clip4.png
    dash clip4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Put the video on a file hosting service (not YouTube), give a link to the forum, there may be more information than from the photo.

Hi all,
Nasty experience with a crazed driver who was tailgating me after work. I put on my hazards as I couldn't safely overtake the cars to my left. It took me about a minute to pass them, going at the speed limit no problems, but this guy was positive he wanted to go much faster and was angry at me for obeying the law.

He overtakes and then repeatedly swerves in front of me pressing his breaks. I have the dash footage but as it was 9pm it was low visibility.

Many thanks
Like gse says, upload the original file to something like google drive and give us a link.
Nobody is going to read the plates on the images you have shown us, but the original file might be much easier.

What sort of dashcam is it?

The timestamp in the png is Feb 21 ?

Just curious

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A129 / 129 Duo 12