Blurry video - Is it a normal thing with A119?

Voodoo411

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello all. This is my 2nd A119. The first one, which I returned, has blurry video on right side. like 1/3 of the screen is out of focus. The second one also has blurry video, but it is only 1/5 of the screen, and this time it is on left side.
So is that blurry thing normal for the A119? It has to be blurry somewhere around the edges? or is it focus shift? It is still winter here in Canada.

Only part of the footage being out of focus, make me think lens issues, not sure even if a lens socket can be so misaligned that only part of the footage would be out.

I think it's lens alignment. It's not squared with the sensor, like This thread. The OP just sanded the lens base a little bit, made it more flat, and screwed it back and videos not blurry anymore.
I have that bad luck to have 2 dash cams with the same issue.
I think I'll return it and go for other brand. I guess QC is not Viofo strong point.

Sorry to hear that.
Do you have some original video to show?

Thanks for your video, I can confirm the issue for the A119S out of focus on right side.
Some of such issue maybe caused by the lens mount not flat, this is improved from last year.

As the manufacturer ... you need to know that the problem is in the A119 model ... not the A119S as pointed out in post above.

Yes, I rechecked the video.

I have sent PM to you, please check.

Hi

Yes I have received your message and replied that it is not me that is having a problem with the focus of my Camera.
I am very happy with my VIOFO A119s model and no problems .... and only pointing out that the focus problem is with the A119 model ... not the A119S

I mixed that, sorry. :p

No problem :giggle: ... Always good to see VIOFO Manufacturer coming on to forum to discuss Dash Cams.

I'm going return this one and I will buy another one . I buy from OCD on amazon.ca
Thanks

Thanks for your update, I informed the OCD Canada distributor.

I went to use some footage today, and the right side of the video is so blurry I cannot read the car license plate. My video is exactly the same issue as posted above.

Presumably it is caused by the same problem, poor lens installation.

Not sure what to do, I have a camera that is out of warranty , and the left side of the image is blurry.

When one side is blurry it's usually a misaligned lens base. As VooDoo411 so kindly posted above, look at THIS THREAD for more on the subject. Gets a bit fiddly to work with but go carefully and you might find a fix.

Phil

Back