Blurry Video, Mobius 2 D lens

zznoname

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for your help. I have Mobius 2 with a D lens and the video is now blurry.
I used it in Sumatra over a week. Some days on 7 hour forest walks. And all the time swapped out the battery often.
It worked after that for a while, but a few days later the video turned blurry.
I thought it was something I did, like jamming the camera into a small waist pack, and messing up the lens.
But, SpyTec is saying, in their experience, it could be something other than the lens.
Today, thinking it was the lens, I wanted to swap that out, but now I have no idea what to do.
On top of all that, I procrastinated, and need a Mobius quickly. but with BuyMobius out of stock, and SpyTec not carrying a D lens - I need something not so super wide- I don't know where to purchase a new camera.

I notice, that it is not blurry super up close. When I have my hand almost touching the lens, it's in focus.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, that would be appreciated.
Regards.

Last edited:
Maybe the lens was loose in the mount and you accidentally rotated it while swapping the battery. Need to hook the camera up using the AV out cable and refocus it.

Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated.
Okay. That makes sense, but... it's the D Lens Camera Module. And the "screw part" is sealed tight. No turning, no wiggle. And while BuyMobius gave me what looks like a baby allen wrench, I can not see, or find the place on the lens to turn. To insert the allen wrench. Nothing moves. No openings. All sealed tight.

I didn't know that Mobius 2 had a D lens but I do know the Mobius (1) had a D lens. Beside the Mobius 2 lens don't have a set screw it is glue so it won't move. I just change my Mobius 2 lens and after I remove the glue I installed a 4.33mm lens and installed a set screw.

Look at the picture it show where the allen wrench goes.

Attachments

• 4.35mm lens.jpg
    4.35mm lens.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I notice, that it is not blurry super up close. When I have my hand almost touching the lens, it's in focus.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, that would be appreciated.
Regards.
So your camera was initially in focus, but then became blurry? And it is now in focus on objects really close to the lens?

It sounds as though the lens has twisted within the mount counter-clockwise. See if you can turn it clockwise by hand at all.

Can you post a photo of the inside of the case showing the lens mount?

I'm thinking I have the Mobius 2. Bought it last January 2018. But, for sure the lens does not have a screw. It's glued.
Found a YouTube video with the same problem. But no solution

Is it the Mobius 1, v2? Rather than the Mobius 2 which is a different camera. A quick photo would help. The Mobius 1 D lens module is glued and does not have a set screw that you adjust with the allen key.

That's a Mobius 1 with a D lens.

Does the lens not turn at all within the mount? I know it's glued, but it sounds like it has turned at some point.

No turning. Tried really hard. Much harder than I should have.
I have the same problem as this person at YouTube

I agree. I truly believe you solved the problem. The problem appeared after I "stuff" the camera into a waist pack. I always thought it was something I did to damage the lens. So... how do I calibrate. Just keep shooting video and checking. I don't have cables or knowledge to set it up to a TV.

I can get the lens to move. Okay. So hoping it's the lens. Is there a way I can view the video on some screen to focus it it real time? Thanks.

Fixed it. Thanks. BIG Thanks.
Simple fix. keep turning the lens till it's in focus. Thank you so much for that.
My challenge. How to super tune the focus when I can't see it on a screen in real time.
Second. How to keep the lens from shifting again.
You all have been great. Thank you.

Get the AV out cable or use webcam mode to live view and adjust then

Dab of glue to hold in place once you're done, don't use superglue

If someone has experience. I'm still having challenges focusing the lens. How significant are slight turns?

When twisting, am I looking at the smallest increments? Super small?

All I'm able to do is go from super blurry to blurry. Can't sharpen it up.

Also. Does anyone know how I can get an AV cable with overnight mail? Thanks.

Also. What, and how can I do "webcam" mode? Is that available with my Mobius1 model? Thanks.

Look at post #4 that picture is how I did mind and I took about 10 pictures and the largest file size should be the best focus. And this is the type of picture you need to take.

Attachments

• MOBIUS006.jpg
    MOBIUS006.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 6
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mobius 2 / M2 11
Back