Blurry Video Street Guardian SG9665GC v3

TheJamaican

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 - and I noticed that everything has a soft blur to it especially license plates. License plates require that I am fairly close to the vehicle to see it clearly. The lens and CPL filter are spotless, the camera wasn't sitting in the sun. I also flashed the latest firmware and did a reset on the cam as well. So I am not sure what the next step would be here.

Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 Clip 1

Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 Clip 2

Are you sure the lens is clean?
Did you clean the inside of the window good enough? (non-ammonia based cleaner to prevent light refraction)
I'll take care of you if there is something else going on

Yup - double checked the lens and CPL filter. Cleaned the windshield (inside and out) as well got the same results in two different vehicles.

Older compilation video from my car:

Skip to 10.07 for daylight clip:

Edit: In reference to the ammonia free cleaner, this is the one I use: http://www.spraywayinc.com/content/glass-cleaner

Thanks for the quick reply as well.

Last edited:
~4 Months. Bought from Amazon in July.

Edit: Cam hasn't been used much since my car has been parked in my garage due to the Takata airbag recall. Finally decided to transfer it to the loaner car.

~4 Months. Bought from Amazon in July.

Edit: Cam hasn't been used much since my car has been parked in my garage due to the Takata airbag recall. Finally decided to transfer it to the loaner car.

ok, will get @Street Guardian USA to follow up with you about getting it replaced

Ya man, the company have a whole heap of love for deir customers man :D

Just relaized i dident get my fill of music from the island this summer, and now it just feel so wrong listening to it as its cool runnings here the next 6 months.

Ya man, the company have a whole heap of love for deir customers man :D

Just realized i dident get my fill of music from the island this summer, and now it just feel so wrong listening to it as its cool runnings here the next 6 months.

Hahah, ain't anything wrong with getting your fill so you can start the spring/summer off on a high next year :D. Gotta keep the vibe rolling.

Back