Blurry Video, stuck screen, corrupt vids..

necrodiety

Reaction score
Country
United States
My dashcam isn't doing so well. Can anyone help? Are these things that can even be fixed?

1. The video is blurry. I got into an near wreck and went to review the footage. Everything is blurry. :(
2. Sometimes the LCD doesn't turn off and the recording light isn't blinking. I have to unplug and replug it. (good thing I didn't hardwire this).
3. Sometimes the mov files are corrupt when I transfer them to PC. Not good at all! What if something really important was in those files. The repair function in the software doesn't work on them.

How blur is video, can you share original files?
What memory card type/brand/size do you use?
Did you format card inside dashcam?

How blur is video, can you share original files?
What memory card type/brand/size do you use?
Did you format card inside dashcam?

The video is pretty blurry. I could share the vids but they are 300+mb each. I can get a screenshot if it helps, but it's so blurry you can't read tags or signs until they are pretty close. It's not even close to how it was when I installed it. I have already tried cleaning the lens to rule that out.
The memory card is a Transcend Premium 300x 32gb. It's been in there since I installed it. I could try another card.
The card was formatted inside the dashcam.

One short video clip from nice sunny day will be enough.
Are you using dashcam to record while car is parked?
Do you use CPL lens filter?

does look a bit clapped out hey. weird watching someone drive on the right hand side of the road.
but looking at the 2015 one looks the same. maybe they have been crippled when you uploaded them?

I can get comparison screenshots if that helps.

My dashcam isn't doing so well. Can anyone help? Are these things that can even be fixed?

1. The video is blurry. I got into an near wreck and went to review the footage. Everything is blurry. :(
2. Sometimes the LCD doesn't turn off and the recording light isn't blinking. I have to unplug and replug it. (good thing I didn't hardwire this).
3. Sometimes the mov files are corrupt when I transfer them to PC. Not good at all! What if something really important was in those files. The repair function in the software doesn't work on them.

what's the serial number of your camera?

Back