BMW F10 (2014)

Mark2457

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All

Had a thinkware F770 for about 6 weeks, Working well. Just got a cellink B and going to install soon.

As any BMW owner will know, most of the circuits stay hot for about 20 mins after ignition off. Anyone know which fuse (circuit) gets cut as soon as the ignition goes off, so that it will go into parking mode immediately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go to the sig. lighter , it would turn off as soon as ignition turns off

Just go to the sig. lighter , it would turn off as soon as ignition turns off
Many newer cars don't work like that anymore including BMW's. Plus BMW uses a power-monitoring system which can set an error code and display a warning on the dash if you tap into the wrong circuit. They're over-engineered to the point that you can hardly do anything with them if the factory didn't design it into the system :(

I'd tell the OP to ask the dealer, but a few here have done that and even they have no idea of what to do :eek: Someone else will have to recommend which circuit to use- it's been years since I had any hands-on experience working on these cars.

Phil

I am professional installer and BMW owner , you're right in regards to voltage monitoring , but it's always safe to use sig. lighter Ign/Acc in any vehicle for any small consumer such as dashcam.
Don't connect it to the constant power if you don't have voltage monitoring in your Dashcam because it might send a warning message or even drain your battery overnight

Last edited:
Back