BMW Wireless Apple CarPlay and Camera Connection

Rhambler

Reaction score
Country
United States
I‘m having issues connecting to the camera. It shows that I’m connected, but I can’t do live view or access the recordings. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem is wireless CarPlay.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there an easy workaround? I can‘t figure out how to stop CarPlay without completely unpairing my phone. It automatically tries to reconnect no matter what.

Pardon my ignorance as a lowly Android user, but Is not CarPlay connection by Bluetooth rather than WiFi?

Yeah, most car to phone connections is indeed done through Bluetooth, but wireless CarPlay uses WiFi for high bandwidth, which, unfortunately, Nextbase also uses.

Can you just not enable the Restriction on your phone, to turn it off temporarily.

Can you just not enable the Restriction on your phone, to turn it off temporarily.
Yes, for those wondering in 2021, to turn off CarPlay temporarily, go into Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrictions/Allowed Apps and disable CarPlay. You can then hit the on/off toggle for Content & Privacy Restrictions each time you are trying to access videos on your dash cam. I’ve had to do this for my Garmin dash cams for the past few years.

Back