Boblov A22 (primarily on Bicycle)

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
I wanted a camera for casual use on bicycle, and 'utility' use, elsewhere.
IMG_20220730_175548.jpg
A Boblov A22 arrived yesterday. It seems well built, sturdy.
These run around $60 USD in America, a third cheaper online in Asia.

There is a standard tripod socket on the body, which makes getting a solid mount on a bike, easier. (clip mounts not working well for me)

I didn't want a helmet or body worn camera.

The a22 has rubber plugs for the access ports but i do not see any claims of waterproof or resistance.

The lens swivels 180 degrees, but you may have to adjust recording orientation in the menu.

The flashing blue 'recording' LED is bright enough to see at night, not sure in daylight conditions.

Video seems OK, but not sharp. Will clean lens before next use.

recorded audio is good.

IMG_20220730_050615.jpg

IMG_20220730_050509.jpg

INOPERATIVE Mobius for size comparison.

IMG_20220730_104315.jpg

IMG_20220730_104335.jpg

No chance to use in daylight, yet. Here is some video in various night lighting conditions.

At the start I am in a government office park. I stopped to check if the cam was on, and it wasn't.
:)

Last edited:
I am trying to leave the a22 in the configuration (lens) I use on the bike.
(Have forgotten to change lens configuration after rotating the lens) :)

I didn't have a suction cup mount that would work with that configuration on the trike, so used a clamp mount (Handlebar type) on the rear roof supports.

Lots of vibration, still suspect the video isn't very sharp. I had to run across town yesterday. Checked video when got home, said to myself 'you don't own a shirt that color.'
The color is off. :)

The focus does seem to be off.

Dawn video, started to rain so didn't stay out until full daylight.

late afternoon, and night video, with the a22 facing backwards on the trike.

The form of the camera is what I was looking for, but better video quality may cost more $$.
It's adequate, for now.

Tried motion detection, camera placed on a steel fence at my house, watching the street. (at an angle) The camera seems to pick up vehicles 3 meters away, pedestrian walking buy tirggered it as soon as in frame.

Like most motion detection, it 'kind of' works. Will leave motion detection on and see how it functions on a moving bike.

The belt clip on the body of the cam is lightly magnetized.
Not enough for use to secure the cam on a moving vehicle.

Last edited:
pre-dawn ride to a market.
I could see what looked like a person walking on the shoullder ahead. Turned out to be a monk, who turned on a small light before we reached him.

My eyesight at night sucks, the camera isn't much better. :)

Still in service?

Not used the a22 in a while. Charged it up and stuck it on the rear of my bicycle for my morning ride.
It's just clipped onto a rack trunk.

The two dogs in the first part of the video bark and chase me every morning.
I actually slow down, usually do not try to outrun them. Seems to work better.

The puppies at the end of the video are the product of two strays who camp out on this block.
4 have been adopted....3 to go.

Fwiw. I used the a22 a few months agofor a meeting with police. My lawyer said it was ok to record. I had it in my shirt pocket...audio only.
It fully recorded an hour of lies, death threats, and profanities from the foul mouths of the other party.

My lawyers were inpressed at the quality of the audio.

Death threats are one thing, i vivid recall the first time i had a 9 mm in my face. Not least as the guy holding it was a town wide well known psychopath.
Also not forgetting the idiot with the sawed off 12 gauge that wanted to off all 25 of us for us not allowing him to burn his metal bed frame on our fire, his beating was brutal and sadly right in front of his mothers apartment, also he never fired a shot but the thing was loaded alright, but saw off + bird shot, nasty yes but not super deadly at a few paces distance.

The latter one of the guys there found out later when he tried that on a guy that sold heroine to a guy that died from it, damn fool went to prison for that, and all he earned from that was a HA membership.
And he just got a 17 year sentence for mixing drugs up at a farm, so i can only assume he like prison.

He was such a nice little kid when he moved to our neighbourhood,,,,, :) That soon changed.

Last edited:
Back